Chapter 1 - Interrogation

Astrid just smirked as she walked through the door, into her cell. She lost the battle, but the face she had on said that she won the war.

Tony sighed as he closed the door, leaving the strange woman in the cell. It didn't really look like a cell, Astrid mused as she took a look around. The walls were all white. Blinding white to her, at least. There was a pretty nice sized bed in one corner of the room—the sheets also white. It seemed most of this room was white.

Astrid put her hands together behind her back as she opened a door on the other side of the room. It was a bathroom. Not too fancy, but definitely not like a real cell. All the necessities she would need were there.

She took a look at herself in the mirror and let the smirk fall, turning into a frown. She once wore gowns everyday, put on by the maids, and now here she was, dressed in plain colored rags, which were torn in many places. A lot of it was splotched red, from blood, she realized. She didn't know if it was hers, the wounds would have healed by now if it was anyway, so she didn't bother checking.

Astrid played with the band around her wrist. She could tell the entire containment cell was meant to dampen, if not stop completely, any powers, and it seemed the band that was clipped onto her wrist was just an extra measure.

She walked out of the bathroom, closing the door, before going to sit on the bed. She laid down, trying to ignore the gaze of Tony on the other side of the cell. It was painfully obvious he was watching her, waiting for some sort of reaction. When she sat up on the bed and gave him a grin, he sighed and left the room.

Astrid watched him leave, out through the hallway, into another room. She looked at the glass. Three of the walls were white, and the other was a see-through glass wall. No doubt bullet and magic proof, though. There was a set of double doors in the glass wall, and something that looked like a slot. Possibly to pass items or food through.

Astrid flopped down onto the bed, closing her eyes. If she was going to be here for a while, might as well catch up on sleep. After a few minutes of tossing and turning, not able to go to sleep, she got off the bed, dragging the blanket down with her, and sat down on the ground, leaning her head against the white wall. After a few years of sleeping on rock solid ground, a mattress that sunk inches down when laid on, was hard to fall asleep on. Thankfully, she was able to fall asleep on the ground quickly, and got a few hours of a good nap before she was woken up.

   *

Astrid woke up as the door opened, she didn't dare move, waiting for more information on what was happening. If it helped her to fake being asleep, she would do so.

"Sparkles. Wake up," Astrid slowly turned her head up to look at Tony Stark, although without any armor now. "Time for that investigation I talked to you about. Let's go."

He hardly gave her enough time to get up, before he exited the cell, and she had to quickly get up and follow him. At first, she thought he might lead her to an interrogation room, but he surprised her by just bringing her to what seemed to be a living room. Before she got a chance to really look around, she was sat down on a couch across from, none other than, Steve Rogers, Captain America, with Loki standing next to him, to her confusion

The Captain gave her a polite head nod, "I assume Tony has told you why you're here, or figured it out yourself, but if not, I just want to ask you a few questions about this morning. Make this easy for both of us and just answer the questions truthfully, and we can all go our separate ways."

He can't think I'm that stupid, can he? Astrid wondered, As if I'll get to leave after this.

"Loki here, is a human-shaped lie detector. He can tell if you're lying, so let's just skip all the lying and say the truth first, alright?"

She nodded, but neither of the men knew if she would actually start with the truth.

"To start with, what's your name?" The Captain leaned forward, as if actually curious.

"Call me Akuma," It wasn't technically a lie, but it also wasn't her given name. It was a name he gave her. He meant it as an insult but she took pride in it. It means devil, but who cares? She definitely wasn't an angel.

Loki frowned, probably knowing what it actually means, and The Captain asked, "Is that really your name?" When Astrid didn't answer he just sighed and moved on.

"How did you get your powers and what are they?" Weird question to ask. Maybe he wanted to know how much they needed to bind, and if she was still a threat. She didn't see much harm in answering truthfully though.

"I was given my powers when I became a goddess," she hesitated before continuing. "I am the goddess of sex and sorcery. I think that's explanation enough."

The Captain raised an eyebrow and she muttered, "Wasn't my choice on what I got."

He nodded and gave an awkward cough, "Alright then. Why'd you do it?"

She didn't need to ask what he meant. Why'd she attack New York? Obviously she couldn't tell the truth for that, or the plan wouldn't work, so she came up with a quick, last minute, lie, "Why not? I could, so I did."

Even she could spot the lie in that. Astrid cursed herself internally. Loki would most definitely catch that. She'd be surprised if even The Captain didn't catch it.

When he turned to Loki for confirmation, who shook his head, she panicked. He turned back to look at her, clearly waiting for a real answer. Lying was obviously getting her nowhere, so she gave a truthful answer, but not answering that specific question, "I can't tell you." Before they could ask why not, she continued. "The man who helped me-He's...powerful, and he has a threat over me. I can't say." That was all she said, and as she looked down, she could tell The Captain felt bad, so he moved on.