Chapter 2 - Visits

Astrid was laid down on her bed, eyes closed, bored out of her mind. She'd been at Stark Tower for a couple of days, and nothing exciting has happened. After the interrogation, she was led back to her room, and besides a few visits from Avengers here and there to check on her, absolutely nothing has happened.

She was surprised when she heard the nervous cough of someone on the other side of the glass, and sat up to look at them. It was a teenage boy, maybe 17? He looked absolutely terrified.

Astrid took pity on him, knowing who he reminded her of. She stood up and walked slowly over, giving him a soft smile, which seemed to make him relax a little more.

"Hi- um Ms. Akuma. I thought you would probably be bored so I convinced Mr. Stark to let me get you a few things," he shoved a bag through the slot, which landed on the floor. "I hope you like reading. I got you a few books I could find. And um...Ms. Natasha picked out some clothes for you."

Astrid picked up the bag to look what was inside. She was shocked. There were a handful of books, and a few changes of clothing. The thing that surprised her the most, was that all the sizes were correct. She tried not to think about that, when the only time her and Natasha had even seen each other, were for about five seconds when she was being led to the cell.

Astrid looked up and gave him a warm smile, "Thank you. What's your name?"

The kid fidgeted with his fingers nervously, "I'm uh Peter Parker."

"Well it's nice to meet you Peter," he nodded shyly, and started to walk away. Before he could leave, Astrid called out, "Thanks for the stuff."

Peter walked back to Tony, Cap, Loki, and Natasha, in the control room, who all seemed very shocked.

"She seems really nice. I don't know why you were all so scared for me," he said brightly. He was a lot more nervous coming in, when Tony said she was dangerous and to be careful.

"She was really nice," Tony agreed. "Oddly."

"Maybe she's not so bad after all," Cap smiled. He liked to believe the best in everyone.

"We'll see," Natasha muttered. As a former spy, she knew that anyone could easily fake their emotions. She seemed genuine, but Natasha still didn't trust her.

Loki didn't say anything, just watched the screen in confusion. Why was she so different? Her mood swings were hard to keep up with. From all snarky, to shy, then to this kind person. It confused him, and he wasn't often confused.

*

The sound of Natasha's boots clacking on the floor alerted Astrid that she had a visitor. The fact that she walked so loudly showed she was mad, and definitely wasn't trying to hide it.

Astrid looked up from her book to a fuming Natasha. She wondered what she could have possibly already done wrong.

"I would be surprised if you knew this, but I used to be a spy," Natasha started. "And as a spy, I had to be different people. Whether it be rich snob, or innocent girl." She glared at Astrid at the second part of the sentence.

"Your point?" She had a feeling she knew what Natasha meant, but felt she had to get it out herself.

"Peter is part of our family, and if you do anything to harm that kid, I will personally see to it that you never even think about hurting him again," Natasha scowled at her. "So drop the innocent act, we all know you're not innocent. Peter is...well, a little too trusting. Don't take advantage of that," she warned.

Astrid nodded, "I know I'm not innocent, but I give you my word I won't hurt him."

"Your word means nothing to me."

Astrid gave a harsh laugh, "I don't blame you. I guess you'll just have to wait and see then, huh?"

Natasha scowled one last time before leaving, leaving Astrid in the silence to think. Did they really think that she'd hurt him? She wasn't a monster, she was just desperate.

Astrid tried to go back to reading, but every time she tried, she couldn't focus and kept skipping lines, so she sighed, and closed the book.

She put the book on the floor next to the others, and twiddled with her fingers, wondering what to do. She wished they didn't bind her powers, because at least she would be able to keep herself occupied in the cell.

Actually, as annoying as they were, she wished one of the Avengers would come in to talk to her, even to threaten or interrogate.

Her wish was granted as a raven-haired god appeared on the other side of the glass, with a determined look on his face.

"Miss me already?" She grinned, but to her disappointment, he ignored her.

"There's something I've been thinking over, that doesn't make sense," Astrid cocked her head to one side, wondering where he was going with this. "The only way to become a god or goddess is for the Allfather to grant it. So how would you go about getting your powers? I would remember if he made a ceremony. They're big deals."

Astrid chuckled, standing up and walking over, "Well you see, I'm a lot older than you are. I became a goddess before you were even born."

"How old are you then?"

Astrid shrugged, "I lost count a long time ago, but give or take a few thousand years. I was born when the Allfather was younger and stupid."

"He's still stupid," Loki muttered, causing her to laugh. "Why are you not on Asgard then? What is a goddess like you doing down here on Midgard?"

Astrid sighed, glancing down, before looking Loki in the eye, "I was...banished."

Loki grinned, "For what?"

Astrid sheepishly smiled, "To make it simple, my mother cheated with my father."

Loki raised a brow, crossing his arms, "I'm going to need a little more explanation."

"My mother was having an...affair, with the Allfather," Astrid paused, before adding. "Before you ask, yes while he was married to the Allmother. As I said, he was young and stupid. My mother slept with another man, my father, and created me," She did jazz hands and chuckled to herself before continuing. "She told the Allfather I was his, and he was scared the Allmother would find out, so he told her to keep me a secret. When I grew up, the Allfather made me a goddess because I was his 'daughter'. He later found out that I wasn't actually his child, and killed my parents, then banished me here."

Loki stood speechless for a moment, before exclaiming, "Why would he banish you? You did nothing wrong."

Astrid shrugged, "I guess he didn't want a reminder of my mother and the mistake he made."

Loki nodded sadly, "I wish I could help, but I am most certainly not in good graces with Odin."

"It's alright. I've gotten used to life here. Midgardians aren't so bad."

"I must go now, I hope to see you around Lady Akuma," Loki dipped his head and Astrid smiled.

"See you around Loki."

Neither of them had any idea about what was about to happen. The never would have guessed the next way they would see each other.