6: Air Messaging the Seasons

3rd person pov:

The outline of a woman ran through the rays of the shining moon, with a glistening bow, ready in her arms. Only seconds later, a single girl ran after her, stopping when she reached the woman. Moments later, a group of exhausted girls ran after the two first ones.

"We must capture him," the woman said, as her clan started to slow down,

"But Mi'Lady, he's a primordial!" A girl with short black hair and shocking blue eyes said, "the hunters are getting tiered. They haven't eaten or slept in a while, Mi'Lady, I mean no disrespect, but we should set up camp and let them rest,"

"Yes, lieutenant, I know, but if we lose him now, father might kill my hunters," the woman replied, steadying her bow into the air, to a creature soaring above, "we hunt it down and get our reward," she said after a while, then walked forward away from the tree line.

"Why do we need him? He's only a protector," the lieutenant questioned, "surely he won't do harm,"

"because father thinks that he might turn on us, the Olympians," the woman answered, sighing, "and he's powerful, for sure,"

"It's been months, Lady Artemis, can't we just put someone else on this? We're failing. This season is coming to an end and -" the lieutenant said in frustration, throwing her hands in the air.

"I know your tiered, Thalia, but we cannot stop now, not with another war on the line," Lady Artemis interrupted, with the same peaceful tone, "not with that many hunters on the line," she whispered the last part. Thalia looked down,

"Of course, I'll prepare the hunters," she said to her leader, bowing and quickly left, shouting commands to the hunters.

"What are you up to?" Artemis whispered to no one in particular, before swiftly running off like a gazelle toward her hunt.

Winter's pov:

I soared in the sky, going to no particular destination. There was nothing to be done. After that long chase, I finally stopped at a field of trees. It's been months since Artemis and her hunters tried capturing me. Spring is soon arriving, and I'll be leaving.

Using my powers, I created an air-message (basically a Iris message, except using air.)

"Spring," I greeted, coldly as ever, but still cracked a smile,

"Winter," She acknowledged, smiling, 

"Artemis and her hunters are not going to give up, they need the Seasons captured." I said, looking around myself, to make sure no one was there.

"Winter," Spring said, shaking her head a little, "you know this as well as I do, we cannot just abandon our duty's because of the gods. I'll be careful,"

"no, if you get captured, I won't be able to come," I said, looking at the melted snow on the ground,

"the other's will. Summer's next, he'll always be there. Warm up a little, Winter!" She said, cheerily,

"that's impossible. Not after what they did to me." I growled, referring to the gods and demigods.

"It's that place again." Spring stated the obvious.

"when are you coming?" I asked, changing the subject,

"Winter, remember, the past doesn't define you. Time itself will never define who you are. Neither will Winter. You are Percy whether you like it or not. Stop blaming yourself for the doing of others!" She said, tears already brimming her eyes,

"Percy's dead," I stated in an even colder voice, "he died when his friends betrayed and broke him. They murdered him." my voice grew louder,

"Of course," Spring shook her head, "I'm coming in a few days." I nodded in response and cut through the message.

Spring's pov:

I knew Winter was hurt by the campers, and after all, he is really good at keeping grudges and his feelings. I never knew he felt this bad about it. Can't say I don't. I just wish I could get the original, joking Percy back. Though I love Winter as my brother, I know that deep down, he's still the same Percy. 

But he's just scared to be betrayed again. Left by his own home and family.

I sighed,

"Hey, Fall," I said, air messaging Hazel, not having the usual happy mood,

"Hello, Spring, why so low today? Is it because we're moving places yet again?" She asked in her usual calm voice,

"No..." I replied, "Winter's just...we should group up a meeting after this transition. Chaos told me that we have another war, and we have to help the gods and demigods, but I'm afraid that Winter's reaction won't be too good. He might explode and disable the usual route of the seasons."

"We have another war? Great," Fall growled, I could literally see the winds pick up behind her. She breathed in and breathed out, "Fine. I didn't know,"

"You didn't?" I asked, surprised, 

"Yeah, I see why Winter would be angry. I mean -- even if he does agree to help, which is unlikely without a fight and argument, it will be so obvious he hates them! They'll ask questions and their curiosity will anger him. Especially since the rest of the seven still are alive," she explained her theory. I swear I saw a ping of fury in her eyes when she said 'the seven'. I must be the one least affected by this.

"Can you tell Summer the news? I'll contact Chaos to schedule a meeting." I said. She nodded, distaste written on her face, (not literally, it'd be funny if it was though,), "Bye!" I said, as she cut through the message.

Fall's pov:

I was furious that we had to help the gods and demigods. You kicked us out, so rot in hell!

Ugh, and we actually need to help because of Chaos.

"Summer," I said, 

"Hey, Fall!" He greeted, sitting up from his laying position on the ground, "I'm telling you, it's great in Italy! The sand is so warm!" He laughed. I cracked a small smile,

"Bad news. Meeting with Chaos, Spring'll tell you when. About helping in a war with the gods and demigods," I said. His smile fell immediately. He looked irritated,

"Rot in Tartarus!" He mumbled and looked at me, his good mood gone in a flash with no sign, "fine. Don't expect me to talk, though," he growled and walked off without saying a good bye.

"Tomorrow first thing in the morning guys," Spring mind messaged us. I groaned and got ready to leave the country.

Thanks for reading, please comment, vote, share and follow!