Dinner and The Sleepover - [1/2]

Dear Diary,

Mum made me come home early so i can dress properly for the Dinner night. I don't know why but i suddenly feel nervous. The Ferris family should arrive 7:00pm sharp and right now it is 6:58, two minuets. 

The wait is the worst part of the night so far. 

I'm not sure why I'm nervous, since both Alex and Mum have met already and Mr Ferris has spoken to Mum countless times on the street. But there is still Dad, who has met neither of them. There is also Karris, shes very out going and loud spoken. She could possibly say something that shouldn't be said in front of everyone. 

-

I heard the front door being opened and what sounded like Alex greeting my Mum and Dad. I dropped the pen and rushed down the stairs to see all three of them. 

For someone so nervous, i am sure eager to see him. 

"Hi, I'm Mr Oakins, Nice to meet you." My Dad shook the other Dads hand with a slight smile. 

After everybody greeted everybody we made our way to the dining table and took our seats. 

Dad was sat next to Mr Ferris, Karris was sat at one end, me and Alex sat together and Mum probably sat at the other end. 

"For out starter we have Caeser Salad, some dip, and bread sticks." Mum said in a chirpy voice as she made her way to the table carrying 6 plates. 

I have to admit, she really went all out in presentation. The sauce for the salad was drizzled neatly across the patterned leaves.

As soon as the dish was placed on the table, along with the dip and bread sticks, conversation began to riot. The adults were so indulged into their chit chat that me and Alex decided to start one our self. Well, Alex did. 

"So whose sleeping where tonight?" He asked.

I had completely forgotten about Him staying over, so now i have one more thing to be nervous about. 

"O-Oh, right," I swallowed the remaining bread stick i had in my mouth and spoke, "I-I don't know. I could go on the f-floor?" 

Karris laughed and began to choke on her salad. 

"We can just share the bed." Alex said, and Karris nodded as if that's what was going to be happening anyway. 

Share the bed? That would seem normal since we are both boys, but this 'boy' has kissed me twice and i happen to like this 'boy' a lot. 

"Share t-the bed!" 

"Yeah, that's fine right?" He had this worried look on his face, although it looked more like disappointment. 

I couldn't say no because that would be rude and i literally couldn't say no because i felt a lump in my throat. I obviously couldn't sit there and think about it for hours so my awkward self answered faster than ever. 

"Sure!" Why did i say that with so much enthusiasm? I'm going to look like a right creep now. At least that's what i thought. Alex just cracked a smile and continued eating. 

From then on it was quiet between the three of us. Each of us spoke to the adults, but not each other and it stayed like that until dessert was placed on the table. 

"For dessert i present my home made Brownie Sundae!" Mum said with a chirpy voice again. 

As before, the conversation was between the three adults and the silence was between the three kids. Until Karis said something.