─intro

INTRODUCTION

(Y/N) jumped out of her unconscious state, the screaming of her newborn baby screeching in her ears. Slowly, she turned over to the little boy.

"Hey, hey... Megumi-chan, mama's right here..." she soothed, rubbing his belly softly.

With care, (Y/N) reached over to the nightstand behind her grabbing a formula bottle the boys' father had prepared only a few minutes ago. Soft warmth wafting off the plastic. Taking him in her arms, she sat up and stuck the tip into his toothless little mouth.

He sucked for only a few seconds— silencing his screams.

"Y'sure you're done? You've been eating less and less lately."

Megumi's cries resumed, she had assumed he needed to be changed due to the heaviness in his diaper. With a sigh (Y/N) changed him with heavy eyelids.

Silence at last, Megumi was fast asleep in her king-sized bed. (Y/N) glanced at the digital clock sitting by the nightstand.

5:42 a.m.

Usually, (Y/N) would wake up when her children woke up— around 7 a.m. However, her mind was awakened by the crying child she had just put asleep.

(Y/N) had two children, two month old Megumi and two year old Tsumiki. Tsumiki had her own room, and would often help her mama with various chores best she could. Even though (Y/N) was technically the step mother to little Tsumiki.

Her father had slept with her mother and after she was born, she had tracked him down just to drop little Tsumiki on him. (Y/N) carried Megumi inside her, still suffering the aftermath of the childbirth.

"You awake?" a rougher hushed voice peeked into the bedroom.

(Y/N) lit up at the sound, and rushed over to the door. The large man that stood in the doorway melted into her arms, holding her against him. His large form swallowed her body.

"I'm so glad you're back, Toji."

Their lips met in a loving embrace, (Y/N) on her tiptoes to reach them. Breaking the connection only to have their lips meet again and again. Being left with the aftertaste of bittersweet coffee.

Toji murmured against her mouth, "G'morning love. I'll stay a while, so don't cry."

The woman didn't realize she was crying until his thumb met the wetness of her cheek. All she could do was smile and nod. Quietly, she egged him into the bed where their son slept to sleep.

Neither of them were tired, but they bathed in each other's warmth under the comforter. Toji leaves soft kisses on Megumi's face, only to kiss (Y/N) once more.