i - believe

I - BELIEVE

Megumi was asleep in (Y/N)'s arms as she read through the newspaper, the apartment was quiet

Megumi was asleep in (Y/N)'s arms as she read through the newspaper, the apartment was quiet. She'd never been more at peace, versus his endless crying into the night. The familiar feeling of growing bile inside her stomach was something she was no stranger to. Even before her pregnancy with Megumi she had consistent nausea throughout the day. (Y/N) had known the source of it, yet she chose to ignore it.

There was a food shortage, there always was. The fridge seemed barren except the scattered yogurt packs and a water filter. If it were a good week maybe a half gallon of milk. Every now and then her lover would generously give them a loaf of bread or produce. (Y/N) hated dependence, but there were little options and they did not work in her favor. Megumi was too small for daycare, and daycare cost money. There was a shortage of that too.

(Y/N) weighed her options while she layed in her bed, it was Tuesday. Tsukimi was at kindergarten, she'd be returning home to excitedly show her mother how her teacher had written a nice note. On the brighter side of things, the nice neighbors had given (Y/N) a variety of plants. Reluctantly, she had developed a green thumb and a way to chase her boredom during Megumi's long naps. Chives were on the menu, along with hopefully rice if the rice cooker decided to work-- however it was probably the oldest thing in the apartment.

It was sunny out, (Y/N) could see from the small amount of sunlight that peeked through the thin curtains. She set down the baby that was placed in her arms, quietly making her way out to the porch to care for her barrage of plants. The strawberry sprouts moved in the wind, their small leaves being knocked against each other as a soft breeze skidded over it.

"Hello." They seemed to greet her, "Good morning."

An unknown wave of frustration bubbled up, "No," she said aloud, "It is not a good morning."

The pot filled with chives next to the sprouts waved to her in the wind, she noticed they were ready to harvest.

"Why is this morning bad? There is good weather and both of your children are in good health." (Y/N) looked at the chives.