Anissa's Diary Entry #1

Diary Entry:February 16th, 2009

Diary Entry:
February 16th, 2009

Diary Entry:February 16th, 2009

━━━━━━━━━━━

I don't know what to write. Alfred told me that it was okay to let my thoughts be heard or be written. I chose to write them.

It's simple to write, but how can I start? Several matters have happened in my long existence within life and death, and I can't choose one to start.

I can start with yesterday; how I ended up in a millionaire's mansion in the most corrupt city in the United States.

It all started when someone tried to rob a diner. I had nothing better to do, therefore I intervened in the robbery.

I knew the basics of a fight, and even though they could hurt me, I could not die. It wasn't as weary as I expected to take the five men down; the way the bullets were piercing my skin felt like a pinch on an arm, also they were not skilled enough to take me down.

After the police patrol arrived, an ambulance was called to help the injured people. Me, a middle-aged woman, the manager, and an older man were the victims. They took all of us to an ambulance to get rid of our wounds. All of them had to go to a hospital while my wounds were not enough to get me to a hospital; they noticed the wounds were only on my shoulders, wrist, and a little scratch on my cheek made by the gunman's horrible aim.

While they finished with me, a gentleman walked up to me. "Was it worth it?" he asked me. I looked at him with a frown; he was old but not that old; he could be in his forties. "Was it worth it to intervene in a robbery knowing that you could be killed?"

"I was bored, sir." I shrugged. "Seeing nobody doing anything made me want to do something. Even if they killed me, they would be surprised by my nature."

"Nature?" he asked with curiosity.

At that moment, I did not realize I confessed something I was not supposed to. He was not an old friend I could talk about anything with, he was a stranger.

I decided to not speak any more. I learned that if I don't speak, he will lose interest.

He did not do that.

After he realized that I could not tell him anymore, he let out a sigh. "You're not from around here, are you?"

Hesitantly, I shake my head. At that moment, I thought I messed up by doing that. Lucifer told me to keep my head down, and I did not listen to him.

I thought that he was going to imprison me or kill me, by being who I am. Surprisingly, he did not do that. Instead, he brought me to his home.

I supposed the gentleman was an aristocrat. I could tell by his car; It was refined, and the seats had semi-aniline leather. I also could tell by his clothing; underneath his leather jacket, he had a pale blue button-down shirt and black jeans. He is loaded.

On the way to the man's home, he wanted to get to know me. A part of me felt like I had to stay quiet, but another part of it did not want to leave this man hanging.

"Annie." I said to him, It was partially true, and enough to call me by a nickname - even though I do not like nicknames.

He introduced himself as Bruce Wayne. Owner of Wayne Enterprises, socialite, and a ladies' man. He is a serious man but also candid and heroic. I ended up liking him.

I also ended up falling in love with his manor. It looked like a castle, and it was huge and comfy from the inside. It was going to get dark, so a few lamps were on.

I met Bruce's butler: Alfred Pennyworth. By a simple look, he was a senior who made sure everything was perfectly in order, but if you look deeper, he was ready for anything.

"Please call me Alfred, miss." he said with a warm smile, which made me return the gesture.

I wish I could say that what happened after, I did not feel anything at all. But I did feel something: attraction. Attraction towards Bruce Wayne's adopted son.

He was coming down the stairs when our gazes connected. He is a very handsome guy; brown hair that reached down to his neck, his eyes, the same color as his hair, accompanied by his bushy eyebrows. He was dressed in an oversized baby blue shirt, and jeans of the same color.

He was interesting to look at.

"Well, you look like a real charmer." I commented after shaking his hand.

"Could say the same thing." he responded with a witty smile. "I didn't think anyone would pull off the red hair with bangs."

I leaned my head, looking at him with a smirk.

"Glad to see that I can still get people to change their minds."

He looked at me with a smile that reached his eyes. It was nice to see someone's eyes sparkle with merriment, and I liked it more in him.

I hoped this attraction to him was not more than platonic. I can't let another Leo situation happen. Not towards him.

AUTHOR'S NOTE: we can't have the ex to lovers trope without flashbacks 😏