Chapter 14

Scarlett's POV

I wake up in a snore, I look around and saw her still in a deep sleep. I let myself enjoy the moment waking up with my daughter as we did a few years ago.

I carefully place her head on a pillow and get out of bed. I wait for minutes admiring her more before going into the kitchen to cook her breakfast.

I make a simple American breakfast. I warm her cookies since she always eats that before starting her day. I clean the dishes, organize the table where we eat. I put the food there before running upstairs.

"Bubs, wake up" tapping her shoulders. I mentally slap myself remembering she's a deep sleeper. I shake her it works because I heard her groan. She buries her head in the pillow, "5 minutes" she mumbles. "It's 8 in the morning I think you have enough sleep," I said. "Why do I have to wake up?" She asks her head still on the pillow. I was taken aback by her question. "Because I'm making things right, so get up their young lady," I said firmly. She looks at me, squinting her eyes. "Okay," she said and get up. She walks to the bathroom and does her business.

We ate the food I cook. She's constantly coughing, I give her water every time. "Are you sure you are okay?" I ask. She nods drinking her water. I can feel she's having a hard time to breath. I get up and get her nebulizer. I assemble it, put the mask on her to help her breathe properly.

The nebulizer helps. Her breathing got stable but the coughing is still there. She said she can manage it, I didn't force her anymore, but I'm keeping an eye on her just in case. She insists to wash the dishes, "let me wash, you cook the breakfast, this is the only thing I can do" she said. "Nope. Do you want to do something? Get yourself in the living room and open the tv." I said and get the plates in her hand. She huffed and do what I said.

I give her the cookies that were left on the table. As we watch something pass the time, she put her head on my shoulder. Her small gestures warmed my heart, I know I'm doing good.

We got interrupted by the doorbell. "I get it, sit down," I told her. She peeks her head to see who's on the door.

"Paul, what are you doing here?" I ask him. "Hi, Ms. Johansson. I'm just wondering if Ada's is there? I'm giving this school work she missed and helping her with some of it. If that's okay.' He explained. I nod and smile. "Ada, you have a visitor," I shout. I saw her running and almost tripped in her way. I smirk at her. I leave them to give her privacy.

Well, I didn't leave. I'm just a few meters away. I want to hear, I'm just making sure they are not planning to run away and do something.

"What are you doing here?" Ada ask. "Giving you this activity you missed and maybe help you." Paul answer. "Ow, how many? Please tell me I didn't miss a lot" Ada beg. She's lazy, like me. "Just a few, most of this is essays and reaction paper," Paul said. Ada releases a loud sigh of relief. God, this is my child.

Paul enters the house. "Well, you can do that school works here in the living room. I won't bother you both, I promised." I said. They both nod and start working.

I watch their interactions, admiring how Paul is so gentle and cautious with her, their giggles and friendly banters filling the room. I never saw her that happy, because I didn't pay any attention to her.

I received a text from Lizzie saying she's on her way to the house since she wants to tell me something. She also has take-out for lunch. I'm being honest here, I'm nervous about what she wants to tell me, I like her. A lot. But I didn't dare to tell her since she's my best friend and I don't want to ruin it. And I have a daughter, people I date backing out, I thank them for leaving knowing there are not the good ones for me and to my child.