EIGHT.

The voice was saying something she couldn't catch, but it was moving away. Janette tugged on her hand and started crawling away. If she wasn't so shaken, it would've been so funny. Both of them on hands and knees in Prada!

A matronly woman looked at them with widened, disapproving eyes, but then she recognized Janette who gave her a wave. She nodded almost imperceptibly and looked ahead. As soon as they reached the end of the showcase Janette stood, and pulling Malora with her, walked quickly out of the department. They went down the stairs and exited the store. Outside, Janette didn't wait for Henry, instead she hailed a black cab. They got into it and told the driver to take them to Kings road.

Then Janette texted Henry to meet them there and turned to her.

"I'm truly sorry, but it's wise not to meet her. Do you know her?"

Her hands were trembling. Malora nodded. She was in extreme shock. Of all the millions of people in London she could have ran into, why does it have to be her? That woman was like a bad case of rash-she was everywhere.

Janette's beautifully manicured hand grasped hers. "Don't worry about it. It's just a coincidence, I'm sure. We will shop in King's road instead. There are wonderful places there too. I fact, I prefer it there."

Malora shook her head. "I don't want to shop anymore, Janette. Just take me back to the apartment."

Janette's eyes became flinty and hard, her jaw became more squared. Malora could see pure determination in her eyes. This woman looked like one who would take no prisoners nor BS from anyone. She was resilient in a way that Malora was not.

"You can't go home, Malora. We're committed to this day. We have appointments that we must keep. Meredith isn't as powerful as you or she believes. She cannot take away from you what's already yours."

"What do you mean?" She asked shakily. Malora was actually filled with fear. She had lost so much. All she had left was Mika and if she was careless in anyway, she'd disappear like a well in a desert.

"I can't disclose anything because of my position, but let me tell you this, do not underestimate Titan Pitts. He's full of surprises. Besides, don't you think women who blame the other woman are stupid? The other woman owes them no loyalty. Look after your own man. He is the one who betrayed you. Get angry with him, if you dare."

Malora nodded. Janette was right. She did nothing wrong. She kept to the agreement. She left London for a whole year. Titan was the one who came looking for her. Besides, these people took a lot from her already. She owed them nothing.

"Good," Janette said with an encouraging smile. "Here is what we will do. We will go to my friend's boutique and find something for you to wear tonight and tomorrow I will have some clothes sent to you. You can choose what you want and return the rest. How's that?"

"Better."

"I will reschedule your hairdresser's appointment and Blake will push all the other appointments up accordingly."

In a daze Malora heard her call the celebrity hairdresser and effortlessly get him to come into the salon four hours earlier than scheduled. People bent backwards to accommodate a Pitts' needs. After that she called Blake.

"There's slight change of plans," Janette said. "Uh. Tell you about it later. We are going to the hairdresser's at 2:00 pm. Push all the other appointments up accordingly." A pause while she listened and then she said, "Right. That's fine with me. Talk later." She turned to Malora. "All right?"

"All right."

"Blake says you will be dining with Mr. Pitts tonight. Henry will pick you up by eight."