FIFTEEN

Nathaniel Pitts looked every inch like the last time she saw him in the hospital after the accident. He still had the same air of importance about him, and looked every bit like Titan expect he was blonde and fair where his brother was dark and mysterious.

His eyes glittered with contempt, and they almost seemed mocking at the same time. There was a cruel twist to his lips, and his full brows were furrowed. He looked like a fair headed bringer of doom.

Malora recalled that their last meeting hadn't been pleasant either. The man offered to pay her to leave his brother, and did so while subtly implying that she was a gold-digging whore. Mika had been furious with the man. Malora, on the other hand, has been sad.

She always imagined meeting him again and how she would act of she did, but nothing prepared her for his presence right now; when she was still raw from the news she received and almost three sheets to the wind.

"Mr. Pitts," Malora said in acknowledment, taking care to avoid his gaze.

He slid into the seat across from her without waiting for an invitation. "I thought Titan had finally gotten rid of you after you nearly caused him to lost his life."

She snorted into her glass.

This guy actually thought she still wanted anything to do with the Pitts' name after all the grief it had caused her?

"Yet here you are," he continued, not minding her lack of response, obviously. "Drinking in one of the establishment he owns."

Ha!

No wonder Henry was able to secure a quick reservation in the VIP section without prior registration. It also explained why she was being treated like royalty. Henry must have called Titan, or made the reservation himself—at least that way he'd be on the safer side with his boss.

"I hear you're also back to staying at One Hyde Park. You just never know when to quit, do you?"

Malora met his gaze. "If you have so much information about your brother's movements and who he fucks, then you should also know that he came after me, threatened me to complete the remaining days stipulated in the contract he had his lawyer draw up or pay back all I owe him."

"My brother has always had a good sense of business," Nathaniel said with a laugh that didn't reach his eyes. "He also had a good taste in partners. What I can't understand is why he chose to be with someone like you. You're far below him, and pack more baggage than a trash can."

"I don't know what you want me to say here, Mr. Pitts." Her glass was empty now, but Malora resisted the urge to call for a refill. This man needed to be dealt with while she still had her wits about her.

Nathaniel leaned forward in his seat, both elbows resting on the table between them. "What if I gave you enough money to pay back all you owe Titan? Will you break off the contract with him?"

Malora sat up straighter in her seat, eyes going wide. "W-what do you mean?"

Seeing that he had her full attention, Nathaniel lounge back in his seat, legs splayed wide, one arm coming to rest on the back of the chair. "How much do you owe him in total?"

She answered him without thinking twice. "He gave me Two Hundred Thousand pounds. He's also requesting for the money spent on me."

Nathaniel laughed again; this time it sounded genuine. "I'll give you a million pounds to sort everything out, and I will also buy you a business class ticket to any country of your choice, give you enough for you to start over."

To be honest, it sounded so catchy to Malora. Imagine her paying off what she owed Titan and getting away from the toxicity that he brought with him. She would also put this whole episode of her sister and her dead nephew behind her (although she could never forget about Louis). She could start over somewhere, begin a life that was entirely her own without having to put someone else's happiness first. It would take lots of therapy and months, but she would recover. Chalk everything up to being a bad dream, and...who knows...maybe find love again.