Chapter 4

FLASHACK to where the last book ended -

I remember fainting after what happened. It was too much for me. 

What do you do when everything you have believed in, everyone you have believed in turns out to be a lie?

Jackson. 

He was with Casteel. He was in the Wickeds. Has he been lying all this time? Has he been lying since the day I met him?

You make a house of cards with hope, with people you trust. But then one blow of wind makes it crumble.

Jackson, Casteel they meant everything in the world to me but now looking back it's nothing. They reduced it into nothing.

I woke up tied in a chair. Opening my eyes was tough with that bright light hitting my face. looking around it looked like an interrogation cell with a huge mirror on one of the walls. The door opened and Casteel walked dressed up in a black suit, followed by Jackson and that huge man who guarded outside my cell in the Isolation Building. Casteel looked angry with brow creased in a furrow and his eyes set in a cold glare. Sitting down hw fixed his eyes on me.

Looking beside him I looked at Jackson. He looked different. There was no sight of bruises on his face, it looked flawless. His eyes weren't even looking at me. He was standing in an attentive posture looking ahead. 

It's as if he didn't know me.

It hurt.

The huge man was some what similar but I could feel his eyes taking glances at me.

Casteel put his hands on the desk making me look at his furious gaze. He was never angry at me.

"Why did you try running?" He asked stopping after every word. Hid deep voice sounding raspy.

I didn't reply. I didn't even know if I had the energy to.

"Why did you run?'" He asked again. His voice sounding harsher than before.

After 5 minutes of not receiving any answer from me and our blank staring at each other he abruptly stood up making his chair fall.

"Why did you fucking run!?!!"He screamed banging his hands on the table and I saw the big guy slightly flinch.

Okay that's it.

"What did you expect me to do? What the fuck do you expect me to do??!?! Fucking sit back after being kidnapped? Get locked up in a fucking cell like your doll because that's what you want me to do?"

"Who even are you? You are nothing. You don't own me. Fuck you for making me feel like shit." I asked.

"I won't let someone who is the cause of my pain rule me." I told him harshly.

"You fucking don't know shit." He said leaning in on the table.

"Tell me then. Tell me what I don't know. That you are a liar, a bastard, a criminal? That you are the leader of the Wickeds? That you are the reason why thousands of people lost their fucking life?"