9- First night there

Mari's pov:

(Still the day they arrived)

Zoey and I both followed Jason to the dining room and there is a huge table and I don't know where to sit so I just sit opposite to Damian and place Zoey in the seat next to me which is way too big for her. I make a mental note to go shopping tomorrow since its a free day. Mr Wayne is at the end of the table, Damian is opposite to me, Jason is next to me while Dick is across from him, Zoey isn't facing anyone and Alfred said something about Tim passing out I don't know.

"Did you like your room"Mr Wayne said while we were waiting for Alfred to give us our food

"Yes I did thank you" I replied with a small smile. "Yah it has pink and my bed is the coolest" Zoey added while making motions with her hands.

"Thats great but feel free to change anything if you want after all you will be staying here for 3 months" Mr Wayne replied with a small nod while Alfred began laying out the food.
"Thank you Mr Alfred" I said to him
He waved his hand and said " it's nothing Ms Marinette and please call, me Alfred"
"Only if you call me Marinette " I replied with a smile.
It's a done deal, now Masters and Misses eat before the food gets cold.

I took a shawarma, salad and potatoes. For Zoey I took samosas, vegetables and potatoes. She got orange juice while I got lemonade. Alfred just mysteriously disappeared which I found odd. This food was very delicious. When Alfred mysteriously appeared back I made sure to tell him "Mr Alfred this is really good thank you" "no problem miss" he replied. Damian still has that permanent scowl on his face. Does he not like me?

"We have some arrangements for your stay, we want discuss after lunch" Mr Wayne said.
"Okay, sure" I replied
After lunch, I tried to help Alfred do the dishes but he refused so after a lot of trying, I gave up and went to the lounge where Mr Wayne was.
"Please, both of you sit down" Mr Wayne said to me and Zoey. I helped Zoey onto the couch and sat next to her
"So you are going to be doing all the activities your class is doing while they are staying her and there is a gala at the end of their stay. You will have to attend Gotham High School until your staynis over while Zoey goes to the Kindergarten next to Gotham University. "
He hands her a paper and tells her " you can choose your extra-curriculars from here and if you want to know anything you can ask Damian,you will be in the same class"
"Okay thank you very much" i responded.
I actually liked the idea of going to a school where I wouldn't be bullied and I'm already far ahead of my class plus I know English so it shouldn't be too much of a hustle.

He hands me a credit card with another piece of paper which is written th pin on.
"What's this for" I ask kind of confused
"You will need to buy stationery for you and Zoey plus anything else you would like as long as you don't spend over 1 million on your stay here" he responds.
"Mr Wayne thank you but that isn't necessary, I brought quite a bit of money anyway" I respond reaching out to give him the card while Zoey is just singing softly
"Please take it, I have much more, plus every winner gets a credit card with a million dollars, and if I didn't give you it would be unfair " he says
I just sighed and say" Thank you Mr Wayne"
"Not a problem, the boys said they would like to know you better so after dinner Alfred will guide you to the game room where you will meet the boys, Don't mind Damian's attitude he's like that with everyone" Mr Wayne says
"Okay that will be great but Zoey will probably be asleep by then so I can come alone" I say a bit unsure of what he will say
"It's okay, they have plenty time to get to know her" he says
"Okay" I reply not knowing what else to say
"You can come wearing your pyjamas and feel free to dress anyway you want, whenever" Mr Wayne says keeping a poker face but his eyes were screaming save me from this conversation, I don't know how to deal with girls!!!
"Okay good to know" I respond with a small smile
"Last thing, Dick's wife Kor'i, his kid Mar'i and my girlfriend Selina Kyle are coming to dinner because they would like to meet you" Mr Wayne says
Im a little nervous but I manage to hide it and reply with" I'd love to meet them too "
" You guys can go do whatever you want until dinner is ready, fee, free to ask Alfred if you need anything, Damian's room is opposite to yours so just give him a knock if you need anything " Mr Wayne says
"Okay thank you! I'm gonna go unpack with Zoey now" I say getting up now.
"No problem have a nice stay " Mr Wayne says as we go
I think i heard a sigh of relief as we walked out but I might be imaging it.