23. Rings & References

"This place always looks like a google stock photo." She laughed, glancing back at me and Elio.

"Hey, wait for us!" I called out as we failed to catch up to Tori who basked at the sun and wind with a wide smile.

"Not my fault your slow grandpa!" Tori teased as I chuckled.

Elio and I walked beside each other. "I appreciate you guys showing me this place, it's beautiful! Is it usually only you and Tori that come here?" He asked.

"Yea, pretty much. We've been cloud watching ever since we were young." I smirked as we all collectively went up a familiar hill which included a tree.

Tori instructed us to simply lay down and relax. The rules of cloud watching were simple. If we see a shape, call it out and let everybody else know about it.

All of us proceeded to call out unique shapes that we saw in the clouds such as a dolphin, a carrot, a hammer and even a oddly shaped wedding ring which I thought looked more like a fire hydrant.

"I don't really see it." I announced in response to Tori. She was persistent in making sure that the cloud she was showing us was indeed shaped into a wedding ring.

"Oh my god bitch squint your eyes and tilt your head just a little bit. Don't you see the band and the rock?" She responded as I did what she said.

"I can't see it either." Elio adds, making Tori playfully groan out in annoyance. "Is this just your way of saying that you might get married soon?" Elio teased as I glanced at him amused.

"What?" Tori's hands rapidly began to flail around in defense. "Definitely not! I'm not even nineteen yet you guys." We laughed at her.

"What about you?" Elio's voice became softer. Seeing him turn his full attention to me caught me off guard as his piercing eyes looked into me with nothing but warmth and kindness.

"W-what about me?" My voice came out shyly.

"Do you see yourself ever getting married one day?" Elio's question made my mouth subtly widen as Tori snorted to herself.

I broke eye contact as he still followed it. "I-I never really thought about it before. With all the things that I'm going through right now, I can't even think about marriage and all that wedding stuff. It sounds like stuff only found in my dreams."

"It's not bad to dream, sometimes they can come true." Elio's eyes glimmered with so much optimism and hope that some of it even rubbed off on me.

"What about you?" I asked him.

"Same answer as you." He bluntly answered as I nodded, an enticingly small smirk forming on his face as he looked away. "I definitely would want my life put together before I ever plan to put together a wedding." He chuckled nervously.

"Same." I awkwardly laughed as we seemed to mutually know what we meant by that. "If that ever even happens."

"Who do you think out of the three of us is gonna get married first?" Elio playfully questions.

"You." Tori shrugs as if it wasn't a question. "Straight people just have way more options."

"Who said I was straight?" Elio abruptly answers as Tori and I kept silent in momentary surprise.

"O-oh then Tori." I point as she crinkles her face at that. "What? I mean you're confident, funny, and you have more social skills than Elio and I put together." I say with a quiet laugh.

Elio chuckles with a nod to agree.

"If that was the case then why am I still single?" Tori says. "If anything it would be you."