chapter eleven

When I wake, the sunlight is shining brightly through my window, summoning me from the world of dreams. Today,I will spend with crystalline, going over my presentation for tomorrow night. With angle to play,how to answer questions,how to walk,how to walk,how to sit,we will go through it all.oh joy.

I have to force myself out of bed, readying myself for the day of absolute torture that is interview prep. I throw on a pretty purple top and a pair of black trousers, leaving my long dark hair natural, flowing down my back in it's usual elegant waves, then I make my way to breakfast.

Only crystalline and tallulah are sitting at the table " ah, good morning clove!" Says tallulah.  "Come join us for some breakfast. Cato and brutus have already gone for interview preparation. Crystalline and I will begin yours after our meal"

Oh great: tallulah is also helping with interview prep. I thought I was going to be luck and put up with an overexcited crystalline. But no, I have the ice woman too. This should be great fun! (Note that sarcasm)

"Clove! Are you excited about your interview tomorrow?" Says crystalline. Her characteristic smile making an obvious appearance.

" to be honest, I'm more excited about the day after." I reply indifferently, giving her my best 'bored' face. Tallulah looks like she has just seen a ghost, but crystalline merely laughs.

"You are really a true career." She chuckles, pouring some kind of gold syrup over her plate of pancakes.

"Right," begins tallulah " we're going to start on your posture for sitting, sit like a lady clove my dear, not like an animal!" She waves her hands around as I attempt to get my position right. Sitting like a lady is harder then it looks. When I get it right tallulah practically explodes into applause.

"Finally!" She sighs exasperating, slouching in her own chair. I'm suddenly tempted to say " tallulah sit like a lady, don't slouch!" Just to annoy her, but the I rethink: an angry tallulah will be harder to spend the day with then an overexcited one.

Suddenly,her body snaps up, and her face brightens immediately. " now for walking!" She pipes, and she stands up and retrieve a pair of towering black heels from under the bed,"put these on and we'll perfect your walking technique."

Walking technique? I never knew they existed! Well, I'm about to know exactly what they are.

The heels are uncomfortable, not at all like my green once that I wore at the reaping.
They make me seem at least 4 inches taller, and my toes scrunch up at the bottom because they're so high.they are also extremely unstable, causing me to wobble around a lot. Tallulah tells me over and over that it is Imperative that I get it perfect,Otherwise I will seem like someone who doesn't care, that can't hold herself In front of cameras, I don't want it to happen, so I persevere.

About halfway through my walking attempt, cato walks parst the door with brutus and looks in on our efforts. When he notices me stumbling over the carpet, he begins to laugh . I scowl and mouth 'kill me now' at him. But it only makes him laugh harder. In an attempt to get out just for an minute, and maybe find some sanity in talking to him ( yeah I never new you could find sanity in cato Hadley either) but before I could make it, my heels became too unstable, and I topple backwards on to the fluffy red rug.

I'm pretty sure cato saw it, and I'm pretty sure he is laughing his head of right now, but I can't see, because I'm currently on the floor.

"Clove! You were doing so well!" Shouts tallulah, almost crying in anguish " and you ruined it! up up up! You need more practice and then you'll be perfect!"