🌹49🌹

Adele's pov 👙

              Adele's apartment.

"The keys" Clark stretched out his hand.

I reached for my purse and searched for the keys, luckily I found it and gave it to him.

He quickly opened the door and pushed it open, I didn't wait for him.. I rushed inside and headed for the living room.

"Good heavens, I'm so tired!" I groaned.

I slumped onto a sofa, I threw my purse on the table and kicked off my heels...I leaned back on the sofa and released deep breaths of relief.

Clark came in, he threw the keys on the table and slumped onto the sofa next to mine.. he sighed too.

He took my left hand in his and caressed it gently.

"Baby, thanks for saving me back there" he said, referring to the dinner with his parents.

"Well, I was kinda defending my dignity.. but, I'm happy it saved you from those wolves" I joked and we laughed briefly.

Then a very comfortable silence fell on us, we stared at the tv screen blankly.. after all, it was switched off.

I turned to face him, just to find he's already staring at me with his lips curved in a smile...and his eyes so focused on me.

"I kinda ruined everything and made your parents lost face... "

I trailed off and turned away from him, but didn't withdraw my hand from his.

"... I don't know how important Mr and Mrs Luther are to them, I hope I didn't cause too much damage?" I asked.

He sighed, he gestured me to come onto his laps and I did. He wrapped his arms tightly around my waist, he kissed my cheek.

"You didn't"

"Really?" I asked again.

He nodded.

"Yeah, if you hadn't come, I would have figured out a way outta there... "

He paused and pushed some hair strands behind my ear, he snuggled his nose in my neck.

"... and maybe, I would have done something far worst" he said.

"Hmm, but it seemed as though you were enjoying yourself when I got there"

"Nope, I wasn't"

I scoffed.

"Just admit I saved you out"

He stared at me a few seconds and smiled, then nodded in agreement.

"Fine, fine...you saved me out"

"That's right, a damsel saved the hero in distress!" I laughed.

He also laughed at my words.

"That's funny and it doesn't even sound right, it's always gonna remain a hero saved the damsel in distress"

"Well, then, I have invented another adage...a damsel saved the hero in distress!" I said, daring him to argue with me.

He didn't say anything more, he simply raised his hands in surrender and bowed his head in defeat.

I laughed at him.

"Alright, tell me the real reason you invited me to that dinner.. cause truthfully, you didn't need my help"

He paused and stared in my eyes.

"I wanted to know if you've really fallen in love with me.. or if you want to be together because you are pitying me" he said.