003. rumor has it

rumor has it / chapter three

"SO YOU'RE TELLING me that Amber was talking about me with...?" Silas questioned, his arms crossed while he sat down.

"Rita the loquita!" Daphne yelled in a whisper, paranoid someone would hear even though they were in an empty classroom.

"The what?" He furrowed his eyebrows. "And why are you whispering?"

"It means crazy in Spanish." She murmured again, going back to a normal voice once she realized there was no one around. "You would know if you paid any attention in class."

The nickname was given to the Ravenclaw girl sometime after an incident in fourth year. Since then, almost everyone at Hogwarts referred to her as Rita the loquita, even Daphne.

He purposely yawned to hint he was becoming bored of the same talk. "Spanish is boring. Just like this conversation." He droned, walking up from his chair and walking away.

"Where are you going?" Daphne asked. "I thought you wanted to hang out?"

"All this Amber talk made me reminiscence on our past encounter." He said cheekily, causing Daphne to make a disgusted face.

"You're disgusting, and I'm leaving." She pushed him out of the way and headed towards the door, readjusting her uniform before opening the door.

The last thing she expected was to see James Potter and Sirius Black —again— standing right outside, practically waiting for her. She didn't realize how bad it looked once Silas walked behind her, immediately catching their attention.

"Thanks for the... interesting talk." Silas winked at her with a smirk plastered on his face, glaring at the two prying boys as he strolled away.

Unlike James who seemed surprised, Sirius snickered seeing everything unravel, jabbing his friend's chest with his hand. "What I tell ya."

꒰ 💌 ꒱

DAPHNE'S HEAD WAS everywhere, from the glares she had been receiving since her earlier encounter with the Gryffindor boys, to the black chalkboard with a bunch of gibberish written on it.

There was something about Muggle studies that seemed to give her a headache.

"Psst!" Daphne picked from next to her, hearing it once again when she ignored it the first time. "Psst, Daphne."