006. kiss the boy

kiss the boy / chapter six

THE LOVETT GIRL woke up to the chitter and giggles of her roommates across the room — at some point becoming a habit of them, one that was the main reason behind Daphne's daily headaches.

She felt that she had the worst luck in Hogwarts, being forced to share a room with one of the worst gossipers of Hogwarts was proof of that. Rita Skeeter — the same girl who was so bent on becoming a journalist.

Being roommates with one big babbler mouth was bad enough, but sharing it with two more of Skeeter's 'friends' was a living hell. It was worse for Daphne because of the fact that she was never included in any of their idle conversations, not that she would lose any sleep because of it, but it was still something that always bothered her. Maybe if it weren't for the whispers spoken about her behind her back and the looks she received from the posse, she wouldn't mind.

"I heard that Sirius has detention today, and we all know who also has detention today.. the little slut."

Daphne overheard Rita whisper not so secretly to the other girls. She had been eavesdropping since the moment she had woken up a little over a minute ago, still pretending to be asleep. She was smart enough to know that it would only be a matter of time before her name came up during their gossip session.

"She's such a slut!" One of her minions commented, clearly only saying that because Rita was there.

"Totally! Have you seen the way she throws herself at Greengrass?! It's so pathetic, I honestly feel so bad for her." Another added, her tone of voice sounding spiteful.

"Please. As if two of the hottest guys at Hogwarts would ever lay eyes on her." Rita scoffed, the other two laughing along as if she had just told the funniest joke of her life.

Daphne had heard enough, she couldn't take another second of humiliation. Something about that sentence that made her blood boil.

She didn't care much about the slut comments, or the name calling, but saying that they could "never lay eyes on her?" As to imply that no one could ever find her attractive enough to even consider her as something more than just a girl, or for them to even look her way. Of course she knew that she wasn't no Lily Evans, but she felt she was somewhat interesting enough for someone to notice her.

"Is that so?" Daphne spoke out, getting up from her bed and turning to the girls who all sat in one bed. "Because last time I checked, Sirius doesn't even know you exist, and Silas, my best friend may I add, turned you down the last time you came chasing after him. You were practically throwing yourself at him."