3: A hitch in the plan

"Weren't those things red last time?" Sejun points to the glowing dark blue sticks surrounded by blue silk, there's one on each wall, and they're all flashing brighter than the group's flashlights. 

"Hmm" Subin hums, pointing his flashlight through the vent to try and see the area better. 

Sejun sighs, crawling to the next room with Subin following close behind. 

The next room is what the group calls "the hallway of doom" basically, if you're in there, you should either be ready for whatever horrid things the queen and her minions do, or you're someone like Hanse, who hangs out there regularly due to the queen wanting a king. 

Subin turns his flashlight back on, glaring at the sight of the queen on her golden throne in the middle of the hallway filled with flashing lights. Hanse is next to her, hands tied behind his back. There's also five human guards surrounding him in their plain black sweatshirts and sweatpants. 

Sejun and Subin simultaneously curse under their breaths at the sight. They would have to wait first of all, for the queen to either go to sleep or to leave the room. Second of all, they would have to wait for the guards to get tired, or distracted enough for the two to surprise them. 

Subin grabs the top of the vent, "let's just get this over with" he says, trying to tear off the vent. 

"Hey!" Sejun whisper-yells, slapping Subin's hand a bit too hard. "Where has your brain gone?!".

Subin rolls his eyes and sits back, crossing his arms and pouting. 

Sejun frowns. "There there" he teases, patting Subin on the head. 

It takes everything in Subin not to beat the shit out of Sejun right now, knowing that doing so would get them caught by the queen. 

Hold on. Subin has an idea, Sejun spots the exact moment the light bulb in Subin's head turns on. 

"What is it?" Sejun asks, glancing worriedly down at Hanse. 

Subin stares at Sejun for a moment and then throws his flashlight as far as he can down the vent, creating a deafening banging noise. 

Sejun and Subin immediately push themselves away from the view of the queen, who stands up and orders everyone except two of the guard surrounding Hanse to find what made the noise. 

Sejun's jaw drops, "why didn't I think of that?" he mutters under his breath, preparing to kick open the vent. 

"It's go time" Sejun smirks. He kicks open the vent and throws himself out of it, landing a few feet in front of the guards. 

Sejun takes care of the guards while Subin jumps out of the vents and runs over to Hanse. 

"Hey" Hanse smiles. 

Subin scowls, ignoring the grin on Hanse's face to hurriedly untie him from the throne. 

One freed, Hanse stands up and stretches like a cat, running his hands through his blonde and black tipped hair.  "Thanx, won't happen again" he says sheepishly. 

"Obviously, since the queen no longer seems to like you" Sejun says as he knocks the second guard out with a punch. "Perhaps we should look for the staff while we're here?".

Hanse shakes his head, "She won't let go of it, something has disturbed her greatly. I'm sorry, but it seems like we need a new plan" Hanse sniffles. 

Subin groans, throwing the rope that was just tying Hanse to the thrown moments ago. 

Sejun shrugs, "I'm chill, but maybe don't tell Chan just yet".

"I wonder how Seungwoo will react to his first our-plan-failed moment" Sejun sighs, giving the guard laying next to his feet a kick. 

"Seungwoo?" Hanse tilts his head. 

Sejun's jaw drops. "Oh, you don't even know he exists yet!" Sejun facepalms. 

Hanse raises an eyebrow, "another person showed up?"

Subin rolls his eyes, "Yeah. Anyway, can we get going now?" he asks under his breath. 

Sejun smiles at Subin, patting his back. "Of course we can grumpy!".

Subin holds himself back from starting  a fight and begins leading the way out, Hanse and Sejun follow while giggling about Subin's attitude. 

Author note: Very short sorry lols <3