THE FATE OF CROWN PRINCE CYRUS.

Thy Kingdom Come
one - the fate of crown prince cyrus

THUNDERSTORMS RANG as rain fell and loud gust of winds hit the Ruby Palace. The Emperor's steps were heavy as he rushed through the halls towards the room of the first Princess. Unofficial Crown Prince Cyrus, his son, continued to chase after him, pleading over and over again to rethink his decision of executing his twin sister, Athanasia.

"You have to let her explain. Athanasia is innocent, my sister is innocent! She didn't poisoned that girl!" Cyrus spoke in an inappropriate tone, staring at the back of the man who didn't have an ounce of love for his twin children and instead poured it all to Jennette.

His beautiful step-sister. As if it wasn't enough to take the little honour that the Obelia twins possessed, she also stole Claude's love.

"I had enough of your useless wailings. Go back to your room." Claude stopped on his tracks and looked back at his son, who had a tear-stained face. His gaze was cold as ever, not even an ounce of love and warmth present in his jeweled eyes that stared at its exact replica.

"Useless? But I am telling the truth!" The Prince raised his voice, feeling more and more vulnerable.

Cyrus was at his limit. He didn't know what else to do.

"I don't believe the words of a Prince who can't even control his emotions. Do you even see yourself right now, Prince Cyrus?" His jeweled eyes scanned Cyrus's image.

Dark crescent under his bloodshot eyes, unkempt hair, disheveled clothes, and haggard-looking. That was what the Prince looked like in His Majesty's eyes. Who could blame him, though?

He had been going through a lot of things for the past days. He was investigating the case of his sister and the order of the knights, as well as doing his duties as the Prince of the Empire. He hadn't had enough sleep and couldn't even rest for a minute.

But Claude didn't hesitate. He didn't even blink at the sight of his usually obedient son crying with despair.

"My image is not important, Father! Athanasia is innocent, you have to rethink about her execution! Please, I beg of you!" He was on his knees, right in front of his father while clutching on his pants. He didn't care about anything right at this moment, he only wanted to beg for the sake of his sister's life.

Cyrus begged with all of the courage he could muster. This was his first and last plea. He had never asked for anything else. He just wanted to save his sister, his beloved twin sister. The only person who was there during his time of darkness.

But his Emperor, his father, remained cold as ice until the very end.

"Beg?" The Emperor almost scoffed. For years, he never once taught Cyrus to beg because he had the second highest position in the Empire. "Just how low had you become, Prince Cyrus?"

Prince Cyrus.

That was what the Emperor had been calling his son the moment he was born. He didn't neglect him but didn't loved him either. Claude didn't care even when he coughed out blood at the age of five and was crying in pain, wishing to see him. He was just a tool for the Empire, nothing more. To Claude, Cyrus was going to be the next Emperor, even if he was the child of that wench.