UNWANTED ATTENTION.

Thy Kingdom Come
five unwanted attention

THE TWINS stood beside each other in front of the Emperor inside the audience hall. Athanasia was scared and couldn't look at him in the eyes, so Cyrus held her hand and kept his head high. No matter what anyone says, he was the Crown Prince and his sister is the only Princess of the Empire.

At the moment, at least.

"Lilian York, it's been a while," voice laced with boredome, the Emperor greeted the Head Maid of the Ruby Palace.

"Blessings and glory upon the sun of the Obelian Empire," Lilian bowed respectfully.

"I haven't been able to pay enough attention to my one and only son and daughter due to my duties at Court," said Claude. "But still, Athanasia and Cyrus have grown into such healthy children. The credit belongs to you."

"Thank you, Your Majesty."

Cyrus almost scoffed at the 'duties at Court'. It wasn't haven't been able to pay attention, it was really Claude neglecting his children. He completely erased them from his mind.

"However, from now on. I will be looking into the Imperial children's well-being, there will be no need to worry."

Dun dun dun DUNNNNN!

The sound of thunder striking in her head was heard. Claude was sitting on the throne's peacefully with his eyes looking down at the two children, but more on Athanasia.

'Are you s-smiling?' Athanasia looked up and saw her father looking at them, then gave them a smile which scared her. It wasn't the smile of someone looking at something or someone cute but a cruel smile that seemed to be asking her of what she was going to do now.

'Why are you smiling?! Pay us no mind! Thank you for ignoring us our whole lives this far! Thank you for not being aware of our existence! Please be so kind and continue to do so in the future!' Athanasia felt a chill go down her spine. 'I'll cry from joy to thank you even if you dig a hole for me to go hide!

'This is . . . is he craving for his children's affection?' Cyrus wondered beside her.

"Starting today, Princess Athanasia will be treated as a proper Princess," his eyes went to the boy who stood beside his sister. Cyrus was smiling innocently at him. "and Prince Cyrus will be treated as the rightful heir to the throne, the Crown Prince of the Empire."

It was unusual for an Emperor to declare someone as the heir when there hasn't even been a coronation yet. But everyone didn't want to go against him and decided that it was for the best.

______________

DAYS PASSED and the relationship between the three remained the same. The twins acting all sweet and innocent while Claude was expressionless and would reply with short sentences.

They were called in one morning and dressed up perfectly to please their perfect father who finally gave them attention after five long years.

"I think you got a bit chubbier since I last saw you, Athanasia." Claude looked down at his daughter.

'Dude, we met ten days ago. What are you talking about?'

"Hehehe, you look pretty too, Papa!"

"How about you, Cyrus? What had you been up to all this time?"

"Studying the things that all of the Emperors before you did. I must say, the Emperors were amazing," answered Cyrus, half truthful. He had been looking if there was any Emperor of the de Alger Obelia family who gave up the throne by their own will.