Chapter Three

After resounding screams from the Vatican and calming quips from Mephistopheles, by how much it was being yelled I assumed that was it, they allowed me to live.

Under his supervision. A terrible mistake, honestly. The man dresses like a clown and has a pink limousine. Terrible leadership on the Vatican's part. The icing to the cake? I'm not their first half breed. No, if being born under an unregistered demon class and claimed 'dangerous' I wonder how the other two must feel like being classed as top priority surveillance.

Honest to god if I find a camera in my bathroom I'm throwing hands, I seethed in my head, glaring over towards the academy.

Right, the bargain.

Mephistopheles is not human. He is one of the twelve princes from hell, so in some sick twisted joke of theirs, they pushed me into a demons care. Hurray!

I looked back to Mephisto, and he smiled as he caught my gaze. He smiled, as if he knew exactly what I was thinking and basked in the thought of it.

"So, where did you come from?" He sounded amused, as if he told some joke.

I blinked. Did I hear him wrong? No, he knows I heard him correctly. "Excuse me?"

He chuckled. "Come now, I know about every demon in hell. I would have certainly heard about one of them having an affair with a human."

The thought of demons even being real still caught me off guard, even more so now that I know either of my parents was a demon. Weird things happened around me all the time growing up, but I thought they were just weird coincidence. And then the small black mole demons started showing up, a month passes and then the exorcist shows. I'm dragged into my unplanned execution and then thrown into the care of a clown who is also a demon.

"I was put up for adoption, so unfortunately for you, you don't actually know about every affair your little demon friends have," I snapped, folding my around my body protectively.

Mephisto laughed, he laugh a big obnoxious laugh that sounds exactly how I pictured it to be.

"Oh, you truly are your fathers son," He wiped away a happy tear, amused.

My mouth went dry. The Vatican had also mentioned something about my father. A journal he supposedly left behind telling them about me and the history behind me being born. I wanted to ask but I feared the truth. That he'd been strung along by the temptations of a demon and I was created out of mistake. That the Vatican is right, I'm a mistake. I'm not meant to exist or walk on earth.

Mephisto watched the ginger, studying him as he dived into his insecurities and worst nightmares. The demon prince knew exactly who his mother is, of course he did. After all, he had been the one to place the child in an orphanage.

A story for another day.

Clapping his hands, Ichiro was brought out of his stupor. The limo stopped at the front gates and even through the window the school was huge. The driver opened the door quickly and allowed them both to step out. Mephisto waved his arm out, grandly displaying his life's work to the half-breed.

"Welcome, to True Cross Academy! Which, for the next years of your high school career, is where you'll learn to kill your own kind!!"

Ichiro didn't like the idea of that at all, but there is no turning back now. "Let's get this show on the road, huh."