14: Punished and Slapped

What's the problem I don't know
Well maybe I'm in love

- Accidentally falling in love, Counting Crows

...

My heart raced whether, in anger or some kind of emotion I won't bother to say, I don't know.

The next thing I knew my lips were caught in entanglement with his, soft with a little hint of wine, feverishly burning me with every move.

The cold tile stuck to my thin blouse and with its coldness, it's as if I was doused in cold water and finally came out of my shock.

"Ah- shi-ah!"

He moved his hand away from his jeans and placed it on his now injured tongue. I blink back the moisture that covered my eyes making it misty, my fingers formed into a fist and I hit his chest.

"You" another punch. "Fucking" another and he didn't cower down. "Bastard!" For the last punch, I slap his face.

Then left.

Romanov watched as the little figure that was under him just seconds ago ran away after slapping him. It woke him up, that's for sure.

"Shit!"

He slumped down the tiles, ignored the wet tiles dampening his jeans and held his head as if wanting to break it open.

'Why did I do that? Why did I kiss her?' he thought.

The soft, pouty lips of her could still be felt on his lips; his adams apple rolled once more and he tried to ignore the shameful thoughts that flashed into his head. If she didn't bit his tongue he knew he would have kissed her deeper and perhaps be punished for being a hooligan.

But even though there is guilt there's still that satisfaction as if a cat has finally stolen a fish from its owner; he seems to finally realize the thing that tormented him.

He's falling for Espe. Fucking faster than he ever thought.

He didn't even know when or how— she was always there with his sister and has never expressed anything ambiguous other than goodwill to him.

It was him that was the sinner. It was him that should be sentenced to punishment and he'll take it willingly.

"Why the hell are you sitting on the bathroom floor?"

Rafaelle opened the bathroom where Espe came out, her brows creased into a furrow when she noticed the embarrassed expression that shows on Espe's face. What's more,e her back is wet but when she held her hands to ask her where she's going to, it was hot.

"Me... uh... I just.... it's nothing. I just want to sit here, what?"

He was rambling, a very obvious indication of lying. Rafaelle stepped in and looked him in the eye with all seriousness.

"What the fuck did you do to Espe?"

It was strange, Espe came off of the bathroom and her elder brother was there. She knew her friend wouldn't be the one initiating this after all she knew Espe does not hold any romantic feelings for her elder brother.

If she did she would have known it.

The lights in her elder brother's eyes dimmed in comparison with the bright pendant lights above their heads. He aggressively runs his hands through his hair before he opens his lips, trembling in anxiety.

"I kissed her"

It's as if fireworks explode in her head, the words her elder brother said seem too far-fetched from what she expected yet it feels aligned to what fiction scenes would be like.