Our

DISCLAIMER!!

Take note that there are some parts of the story that happened in real life that can and will be changed in some other way. This story is made only as a work of fan fiction and does not intend to harm the names and reputation of the characters, businesses, etc. that will be mentioned in the story.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Minsan ng sinabi ni Miriam Defensor Santiago, "kapag wala kang maisagot sa exam, isagot mo ang pagmamahal dahil kailanman hindi mali ang magmahal."

Is it true that there is nothing wrong with love, the hows, the whats, the why, all the underlying questions and factors that come along with it. Ideally, we all want to be the first and last of someone in their lives. But in reality, that is rare and it does not happen to everyone. Love is not all about the sweetness and happiness for there will be obstacles that the parties involved will need to face and overcome. The question is, will love be enough? Is it enough for them to hold to the first and last, for them to hold on to each other? Or will love be greater for them to let go and grow in separate ways?

My lover, this is Innamorata.

__________________________________________________

Hi, I am Irene. Hi, I am Maria Irene. Is Celestina way better? Feeling ko kung nakakapag salita lang ang salamin ko, kanina pa sya magrereklamo sa pauulit ulit kong pag pra practice dito. I am really not use in introducing myself to other people kasi usually naman si Daddy yung gumagawa non para samin and all we have to do is the courtesy. Not to mention that tonight there will be lots of them. Meaning, there will be lots of faces and names to remember, lots of hands to shake and lots of people to mingle with since they are "my" guests. Well, wala naman nang bago don lalo na kung isa ka sa mga anak ng Presidente, mas malimit pang puno ang bahay ng tao kesa sa tahimik ito. And yes, being the youngest sucks dahil bantay sarado ka talaga lalo na sa school bukod na yung guards mo sa pagbabantay pa sayo ng mga kapatid mo. 

Hindi ko nga din alam kung maganda bang 18 na ako ngayon o hindi, I can't stop wondering if they will lessen the hovering of the guards or mas paghihigpitan pa nila ako. I am just waiting for Mommy to call me para makalabas na ako ng kuwarto ko and Im just going with Irene later. Its short but not that simple and common, so yeah I've made up my mind and I am going with that. A few minutes after my final touches, there was a knock on my door. Ah, I was right, it was Mom. She made me wear one of the Romualdez' heirlooms, her grandmother's pearl necklace that she also wore on her debut. Nauna na si Mommy sa may pinto and I looked on my reflection and let out a deep sigh for the last time. I keep on reprimanding myself internally. You got this Celestina, nothing new with walking down that flight of stairs with lots of people watching you so there is no possibility that you'll screw this up. Let us forget that my hands are sweating and trembling.

Dad was outside pala waiting for us while my siblings are with their friends already downstairs. Lisa is the only friend I have kaya sya na lang din talaga yung ininvite ko personally. Siya lang talaga yung guest of the debutante. Well, I am usually not that open to people and I am serious with what I do kaya madalas talaga hindi ako ina approach ng mga tao kasi mukha daw akong suplada. Minsan takot din sila kasi nga naman, anak ka ng Presidente. But you know, for a fact that is one of the greatest factor I took into consideration before I entered the field for the arts. Masyado ng established ang family name namin sa industriya ng business at politika. Tama ng nakikita ko yung struggles not that I am not struggling with my academics but mas lang yung level na nakikita kong nararanasan nina Ate Imee and Bonget. It wasn't a surprise though na hinayaan ako ng parents ko na mag puruse ng Arts for my course in college and my future path kasi si Mommy naman ay medyo tutok din pag dating sa arts and lalo na sa pag promote ng culture ng Philippines and hindi lang ng Ilocos. And sa aming magkakapatid, it is known for a fact na ako lang ang nakamana ng talent ng magulang ko sa pagkanta. 

Ate Imee and Bonget can sing but not as well as I can HAHAHAHA. After meeting with the Cojuangcos, the Aranetas, the Abads the family names I am familiar with Dad and Mom introduced us to a lot more, that I will probably forget and remember when I saw them again. Most of their children are either my sister's classmates or my brother's friends but then again being serious with what you do means you don't get to socialize that much. Some would compliment me and the way I look and some would ask about several aspects of my life but the questions that kept on coming around was either kelan ka magkaka nobyo hija, may nanliligaw na ba? And Mom will answer for me na wala pa, kasi wala pa naman talaga. I mean, there are some who tried to lalo na nung mga unang linggo ko sa university. These foreign men who have no idea who my father is kept on bugging me, but the second they knew they chickened out. So yes, wala pa pong nagtatangka na humarap sa tatay ko at hingiin ang basbas nya para ligawan ako. Ito talagang mga amigas ni Mommy ang dami pang patutsada pwede namang direkta na lang nila sabihin na, hija dahil wala pa kaming nababalitaang nobyo baka nais mong kilalanin ang anak ko. It's a good thing that my parents aren't rushing me into this stupid love nor forcing me to love someone just for fame, money or anything temporary. 

That is one of the biggest flex we have, even though it sounds stupid. If it's love, it's love. Kaya nga walang patumpik tumpik pa saglit na ligawan, naging sila, nagpakasal agad and voila there they had us. It was not impulsive because they have a plan. They are a great team because they know how to adjust and be there fulfilling each others' shortcomings and mistakes. They are there for the good part but what makes them cool is because most importantly they are still there during the worst parts of our lives. After the program has been executed and the guests were entertained and had already eaten, the party starts to die and I am beginning to like it. It only means that I can have time for myself, I can talk to whoever I want, that is probably Lisa or Ate Imee or our dog, Malia, without having to worry about the other guests.  I searched for Ate Imee and she is still talking with her friends, perhaps they are talking about boys. I excused myself from the table and began to look for Lisa. She is a few years older than me, from a different course but yeah, we're friends since I can remember when.

Like always, she is seated at the back beside some of Bonget's classmates. Nung nakita nya ako inexcuse din nya yung sarili from the table she is seating and hinila ako palabas but not really labas kung hindi hahabulin kami ng guards. She gave me her gift aside from the gift I received earlier from her parents. Aalis na din pala sila, just in time before the two of us had a short drama and start to cry. I sat in the veranda since wala na namang guests masyado, more on business partners na lang nila Mom and Dad so ok na hindi na ako masyadong makita sa hall. I was reading the letter Lisa gave me when I heard soft noises. It was Bonget and his friends, escaping from the guards, again. Hindi ko na nga alam kung sa paulit ulit na pagtakas ni Kuya ay namanhid na ang puwet nya sa palo ni Daddy at nabingi na sya sa mga sermon ni Mommy or yung mga guards ay pagod na kahahabol kaya hinahayaan na lang. Well, ang mahalaga ay nakakauwi naman siya at naiuuwi nya naman yung car na dinadala nya ng safe at buo. Wait, is there an addition to their group that I did not know of? 

Kelan pa? I mean, like I am aware of who his friends are kasi madalas namamaalam si Kuya na pupunta sa mga bahay nila and madalas din sila dito sa amin. But tonight, there is really someone new na hindi ko kilala. Lagot ka Bonget kay na Mom and Dad pag nalamang tumakas ka na naman. Matanda na din naman sya pero like sana namamaalam daw diba. Payagan kaya ako nina Mommy makitulog kay na Lisa now that I am of legal age? Kasi napayag naman sila na mag party ako and everything as long as the event will take place here sa palasyo or sa bahay sa Ilocos and with them watching my every move. Duh, its awkward and I feel like I won't make them proud if they see me dancing and doing stuff. But anyways, atleast hindi sila masyadong boomer. But still, I can't help but wonder who that new guy is.