just

Sobrang kagulo na talaga in a good way ang nangyare last week with the Aranetas. Grabe, I can't forget the moment that they are all watching me practice for today's practical. I actually scored highest among all the classes our professor handles. And when it was announced in the auditory room the whispers echoed. I can hear some that are questioning whether I deserve it or not given that I am the daughter of the country's President. But I do deserve it because I practiced day and night to perfect my performance today. Some of the panel even requested for a special performance of both voice and piano. Of course, I agreed to do it given that people here are questioning my abilities just because of my family's name and status. I played and sung Ave Maria, to my surprise my siblings with Greggy are at the back of the room clapping. I smiled triumphantly as everyone was too stunned to speak. 

Bago ako makalapit kay na Bonget, Liza and Ryan greeted and complimented me. Raymundo Cayabyab or as we call him, Ryan used to be one of my seniors here in the university,. It has been years 3 years since he graduated and he is now teaching the first year. He is great naman in what he does, he is also the top of their class their batch rather. He graduated in flying colors and he is one of my suitors. Even though I rejected him before, we ended things good. And that is why Ryan and I are friends now. And to be complimented by the great, Ryan Cayabyab is really something no one can contradict. I thanked them for watching and of course for their praises before I excused myself to get my things at pumunta na kay na Ate Imee.

My performance ended not just my practical but our whole day. It was my last subject and last activity to finish for the day. Manang Imee hugged me upon seeing me, after reciprocating her hug and kisses I smiled at Bonget and Greggy. "That's quite a performance." Bonget said. That's what they get from questioning my abilities. "Sabi ko na talaga, wag na wag kakantiin ang nananahimik na Irene", Ate Imee said. I'll just take them as compliments Ate. Anyway, I scored highest among all the classes that participated in today's practical and given Dad's position, I think that almost 75% of the people in that room are judging me and questioning if I really deserve that. And I know I did so when the panels requested that I perform, no second thoughts I sat down and played the keys of Ave Maria and started singing while seated. I belted and sang like a diva there. We all laughed, nalimutan kong kasama nga pala namin si Greggy. Naalala ko na lang nung narinig ko yung tawa nya.

Ate and Bonget are ordering for us since napag-isipan namin na kumain muna bago umuwi. "So, you can talk a lot naman pala, akala ko kasi may limit ka na 5-10 sentences lang" Greggy started. I seldom talk a lot especially when there are strangers around. Nakalimutan ko lang na kasama ka namin kasi usually, it's just the three of us. I answered.

"I am not a stranger, Ms. Irene. I already introduced myself, again, I am Greggy Araneta." he once again offered his hand for a hand shake. I simply looked at it and started reading my book for tomorrow's graded recitation. He chuckled then smirked as to what I saw in my peripheral. Minutes later, Ate and Bonget came with our orders. They are talking about what they heard from our parents' talk yesterday. On the other hand, I am busy writing notes for the film I have in mind since it will be my final project this year.

After finishing all the food we head home. Susunduin pala dito si Greggy sa palasyo, parang babae. Upon arriving, I head to the library so I can finish reading. And again, Bonget left his friend Greggy wandering around the halls. Disturbing me, again!

Don't you have other things to do than disturbing and staring at me? "I thought I am gracing you with my presence, your highness! I can't help but stare at a beauty like you. If you'd ask me, in this room full of art I'd stare at you all day" he answered. I just ignored him, but instead of leaving the room he grabbed the chair and sat beside me pretending to read what I was reading. I am so annoyed that I am trying not to laugh at him. I could burst into tears right here and then, you know. "Irene, Greggy, dinner!!" that was Ate Imee shouting in the halls kahit malapit na naman siya sa may library. Whatever, it was a good save. Nice timing there, Ate Imee.

Dito na naman sya nag dinner. Akala ko ba mayaman ang family nila, bakit parang nakikikain na lang sya lagi dito. I whispered to Ate Imee. She tickled me on my side, "hay nako Irene! Sabihin mo na crush mo lang sya!" she replied then ran away from me and headed straight to the dining area. Is this it? Tinamaan na nga ba talaga ako kay Greggy?