three

___________________________

ALEX LEPT FROM THE BUILDING SHE HAD BEEN PERCHED ON, landing swiftly on the roof of the neighboring hut. She scanned the crowds, looking at the peace below her. It mildly disgusted her, and she ached to cause chaos. 

She suddenly felt that same eerie feeling that she was being watched, but no one appeared. She whipped around and held her hand out in defense, hearing footsteps. 

Then, a figure appeared. 

Skinny yet toned, with a head of short hair placed upon strong shoulders stared right at Alex. She straightened her posture, grinning. 

"I'm sorry, is this your roof? I can find another." 

A faint accent laced her lips leaving Alex to try and discover its origin. She held out her hand higher which only caused the woman to laugh. 

"You needn't do that."

"Give me a good reason." 

"So she speaks?" The woman rose an eyebrow. "I've heard a lot about you." 

"And what's that?" 

"Good girl gone bad, tale as old as time. I get why you did it though, we've all got our baggage anyway." 

Alex huffed. "I'm already tired of this conversation." 

"Stark was an inspiration, of sorts, to all of us--"

"Watch your mouth." 

"--So sad we had to see him go--" 

Alex lunged forward to take her by the throat, but her advance was quickly deterred by a kick to the stomach. She landed on her back with an 'oof', jumping to her feet. The woman sent a punch her way, yet Alex ducked. She retaliated with a punch to the woman's jaw, sending her back a couple of feet. 

The roof was small, with no adequate foot room to fight. This didn't seem to faze the woman, so Alex continued to use it to her advantage. She took another kick, to the shin this time, wincing in pain and sending another punch back.  

The woman grinned as she tripped Alex, gaining the upper hand. She straddled her, winding her fist back. Alex only returned the smirk as she laid there, arms caught, yet draining the woman's energy without moving a muscle. 

She fell off her position over Alex, falling onto the concrete roof. Alex stood up, dusting herself off triumphantly. The woman regained her energy as not much had been drained, and she rose to her feet. She slowly held out her hand to Alex, earning a confused look. 

"Viktoria Sokolov." 

Alex stared at her hand, her eyes landing back on Viktoria's. 

"You might want to shake it before we have to run."