OnE

GWAGWALADA, ABUJA

One could choose to begin with the carelessly flung shirts,shorts and denim jacket on the chaise lounge chair. One could even choose to begin with the large postal of The letter N written in calligraphy bold enough for whoever is entering the room, And lastly the medium frame of the quote from one of the quoters which says "you may not control all the event that happen to you but you can decide not to be reduced by them".

The room is well designed and arranged in a matured way with cool masculine colours different colour for the walls.

"Grrr grrrr"  The clock radio vibrate continuously as it was the situated time set for the alarm.

"Grrr grrrr "
The person who was covered completely with the duvet changed his sleeping position reaching for the clock radio, at least to switch it off. On moving his hands to reach for the clock radio on the bedside table, he mistakenly pushed it making a "Gbam" sound as the clock radio landed on the floor.

"OH MY GOD" He got up sitted in fear thinking it was something else as the clock radio never stopped the vibration even on the carpet.

He rub his eyes sleepily as if he was feeling an itch on the both, he slowly opened them, seeing that his view was blurry made him rub it again whispering some dua(prayer) to himself. He stretched his hands and yawned heavily plodding to the bathroom, he made an encounter with the full length mirror which was rested at the wall near the bathroom door,His eyes became wide open when the memory of the day before started flashing on his head. It was the day after he finished his three weeks N.Y.S.C orientation program.

He let out a sigh of relief
"Freedom at last"     
He made his way into the bathroom to clean up and only splashes of water was heard.

That's Naseer Mahboob Naseer the son of Mahboob Naseer and Aminah Mahboob Naseer. His father Mahboob Naseer works at the federal inland revenue service (FIRS) in Abuja while his mother happens to be a full house wife. He has no siblings as he is the only child of the family. They reside in the federal centre of territory but belong to the Hausa tribe and hail from one of the recognised Northern state Adamawa Yola.

Naseer Mahboob Naseer recently graduated from  Baze university in Abuja as a first class student and studied Economics.His father Mahboob, had promised him, masters in Canada as a gift for coming out with a good results.

" You've made me so proud Naseer, You found your voice and back it up with action,You've proven to me that you're not a talker but a doer. You said you would make me proud and you did, with this I am going to fulfill your top listed wish   You Will be going to Cape Breton university in Canada for your master's degree" His father had mentioned during his convocation.

After about not less than 10 minutes of water splashing it suddenly stopped and Naseer made his way out of the room having a kit out of rolled jeans and a relaxed sweatshirt since it was the winter period in Abuja and made his way into the sitting room.

"Mom" He called out for his mum seeing her dressing the dining table with the break fast. He gave her a peck and a warm hug

"How was your night?" He said with an Afflictive smile.

"Good" she gave him a quick reply adding a teaspoon of sugar in the cup of tea she was holding.

He raised her chin up knowing it was  unusual of her, His mum on a normal day would hug him,made him sit and forced him to have loads of food especially on a day like this, It was a Sunday morning, A week until his travel to school (Canada).

"Are you okay?" He made sure their eyes were in contact.

"Of course" she sneered and hand him the cup of tea she was holding