24

The next morning. Secret's Headquarters. Nayeon was already waiting in the meeting room at 7:30am after being escorted by the front desk staff. She was earlier than Ruoxue and the others by half an hour.

Meanwhile, Yura was under the assumption that Nayeon was still snoring away in bed.

Never would she have thought, by the time they arrived at the meeting room, Nayeon had already been waiting for quite some time.

Ruoxue had a confused look on her face. She originally wanted Nayeon to arrive at 9am - she was supposed to be so late, she wouldn't even be allowed in the meeting room. She planned it this way so Nayeon wouldn't get the chance to find out she had intentionally given the wrong time. But right now, Nayeon had arrived early. It was clear Nayeon knew she had the intention to eliminate her. However, she didn't care, she was still the organizer of this event and no one could defy her.

"Nayeon, why are you here so early?" Yura asked frustratedly; it appeared Ruoxue 's plan did not work on Nayeon.

"My friend was passing by, so on the way to work, she dropped me off," Nayeon explained calmly.

"Enough talking, the meeting is about to start," Ruoxue reminded the two to be quiet.

Not long after, the person in charge entered the meeting room. She was a 40-something-year-old middle-aged woman. Behind her, followed two assistants that carried a huge stack of documents.

"Ruoxue, I have looked at the information regarding these two models." The woman raised her head and took one glance at both Nayeon and Yura before she continued talking, "However, I only want one of them. I know everyone's time is precious, so I'm not going to go around in circles; I want Yura. As for Nayeon, I don't think she is suited to the theme of our shoot."

She directly threw Nayeon's portfolio on the table in front of them.

"It's OK if you don't want Nayeon, I have other models for you to choose from." Things had panned out the way Ruoxue had expected. After all, Ruoxue had been implanting negative ideas of Nayeon into this woman's head for quite some time. She immediately took out the portfolios of her other models and handed them to the woman in front of her. Not only did she find a way to get rid of Nayeon, she managed to make good use of her - Yura had benefited and Ruoxue also had the opportunity to introduce some of her other models.

"Let me have a look before I make a decision," the woman asked her assistants to collect the portfolios and prepared to get up. However, Nayeon held her back by suddenly speaking.

"May I ask what theme you speak of, Miss Mina?"

The woman obviously did not expect Nayeon to speak up, so she replied, "Oriental Trend, I assume a dull person like yourself isn't too suited."

"Has Miss Mina seen any of my works or seen me in any of my shows?" Nayeon challenged with a smile.

"Aren't you a...newcomer?" she asked; she obviously had never heard of Nayeon.

"Let me first ask you, was it Miss jeon that told you I was a newcomer?" Nayeon remained calm - not wanting to sound overbearing.

"Nayeon, don't go too far!" Ruoxue quickly growled as she glared at Nayeon, "This is a decision between us, you don't have the right to question it."

"You used my popularity to bring Yurou to the US and then used my name to boost your newcomers. You've used me so thoroughly, am I not allowed to ask a few questions?" Nayeon asked sharply as she smiled at Ruoxue.

"Nayeon, you really don't know how to be tolerant."

"My tolerance isn't used to tolerate jerks, tramps and their wonderful relatives..." Nayeon said towards Ruoxue before she turned back to Miss Mina, "Since you haven't seen any of my shows, then let's not bother putting on this act. How about this, let's bet...before we even hit tomorrow morning, you will already regret your decision." After the words left her mouth, Nayeon took big steps as she led Jihyo and Nancy out of the room; putting on her sunglasses as she went.