Chapter 5

"I might as well die, there's no point in living this horrific life without you!" Mark said. We were both currently on the floor, me laying on his lap faking being dead. (quite dramatically, might I add) I had even stuck my tongue out for a funnier effect. Mark had one arm under me, supporting me, while he waved the other one around dramatically.

       We were just at the end of our little act, and it had gotten more laughs than any of the others so far. I was currently dead because of a gunshot from my alter ego that came to life. Let's just say we got a little carried away with our imaginations.

       "You know what, it really isn't worth it. I'm coming to join you, my beloved Maria!" Mark said dramatically. He made a gun shape with his fingers and put it to his head, before pretending to pull the trigger. He fell back to the floor, sticking his tongue out to the side of his mouth to indicate he was dead as well.

       There was silence, as our audience watched with suspense. I could feel Mark shaking slightly, and I looked over to see him quietly laughing while faking being dead. I started snickering a bit too, and within a few seconds we were both hysterically laughing for the second time today. It didn't take long for the audience to start laughing as well.

       Mark sat up and put a hand over his face, still laughing. I propped myself up with my arm and sat up as well. Mark was still laughing when I realized how weird of a position we were in. He was sitting with his legs crossed and I was just completely sitting in his lap. I laughed awkwardly and began to get up. Apparently he caught on to how weird of a position we were in and started to scramble to get up, awkwardly laughing as well.

"Excellent, excellent!" Miss May exclaimed. She seemed to have taken it more as a tragic romance than a comedy. Oh well. "Thank you, thank you." I said to our audience, bowing dramatically.

"Oh, my darling Maria, what divine talent you have!" Mark said in a posh British accent.

"Oh, Frederick, don't get me started! Your talent is immeasurable!" I replied, swooning.

       We all laughed for a couple minutes until Mrs. May announced the class was over. Me and Mark said our goodbyes to a few of the people we giggled with during the acts, then we were on our way.

"Mark! Lily!" We heard a voice call for us on our way out. We turned to Miss May waving for us.

"Yes, Miss May?" I asked.

"Will you two be joining us again?" She asked. I looked at Mark, who was already looking at me. He raised his eyebrows a bit as if asking me if we were coming back. "Don't look at me like that, you were the one who planned this." I said with a laugh. Mark let out a soft laugh as well before turning back to Miss May, who was looking at us with expecting eyes. "Yeah, I suppose we'll be coming back." Mark replied to her.

"Wonderful!" She exclaimed. "You two make such a cute couple, I can't wait to see you both again soon!" She said as she abruptly turned around and walked back tower desk.

"Uh-"

"Um-"

       Me and Mark stood there for a second, wondering if it was supposed to be awkward or not. "Did she think that we were together the entire time?" I asked Mark. "I guess so..." he replied, still looking towards Miss May. "Well I better go correct her-" I said as I began to walk towards Miss May's desk.

After I had walked about two steps I felt a hand wrap around my arm, making me come to a stop.

"Um, maybe you shouldn't. She seems pretty busy." Mark said. I looked back towards the desk to see Miss May with her feet on the desk, scrolling through her phone. She doesn't look busy at all...?