Chapter 4: Revelations

Flash forward to a month and Kara and Logan have become close friends with each other, it's another normal work day in Catco as Logan brings Kara a cup of coffee before starting work. Logan hands the cup over to Kara and says, "Hey Kara, I got you a cup of coffee and I wasn't sure what kind of coffee you liked so I just got what I usually get so I hope that'll work for you. I think it's delicious personally."

"Oh wow uhm, thanks Logan that's really kind of you to do that for me on such short notice." Kara says with a smile as she takes the cup of coffee from Logan.

"Hey, anything for a fantastic friend like you who does so much for me every week without asking for anything in return." Logan says as he smiles back at Kara.

"Still, I really appreciate you doing this, let's just say I've had a long couple of days of Miss Grant strong arming me for task after task after fifty more tasks, so thanks for making my morning a little sweeter than usual." Kara says as she takes a sip of the coffee. "Wow, you weren't kidding Logan, this flavor is absolutely wonderful. I should start my mornings drinking this instead of my regular from now on. You're excellent at choosing the best coffee flavors, haha, that must be your superpower."

"Well if you want I can get you a cup of this for you and then give it to you every morning and yeah it's a gift." Logan says as he tries to not boast about it.

"People should call you the Barista, or the Coffee Man, or ooh, maybe the Bartender, because you've truly got something amazing going for you. Nice job." Kara jokes, giving Logan a friendly pat on the back.

Logan chuckles and says, "Hahaha yeah maybe, but I shouldn't gloat about too much cause it usually comes back to bite me in the end. Still, I guess it was mostly luck playing in my favor for once."

"Yeah it must be, but thanks again for the coffee you're a lifesaver." Kara says as she takes another sip of the coffee.

"No problem, I'm going to head to my desk so we'll have to chat later once I blow through my workload, which is nearly as tall as I am. Ugh. I'm gonna be stuck at my desk, for, well, uh, awhile." Logan says as he starts to walk away.

"But you should still think about my offer if you're interested, cause I'm 100% on board with hooking you up with the best flavors money can buy." Logan says to Kara before leaving for his deck.

"I'll think about it and good luck with your very tall workload." Kara says to Logan before she turns to go to her deck and as she does, Kara smiles as she sits down at her deck.

A few hours later, and Kara was getting ready to leave work when she saw Logan still working on the assignment that Miss Grant still had for him to complete by the deadline, which was beginning to stress him out evidently. Kara walks up to Logan's deck and says, "You look like you could use a break. You shouldn't overwork yourself like that."

Logan looks up and says, "Yeah I wish I could but I still have about 15 other assignments that I have to finish before I leave today."

"Do you want some help with getting them done? I don't have anything else planned before I leave, besides buying another alarm clock. Yeah, I've got a bad habit of breaking them." Kara asks Logan as she pulls a chair over to Logan's desk and sits in it.

"I appreciate your concern, but I have to get this done on my own. Miss Grant will know if you helped me, she just will, and you know how she gets if she finds out someone is helping reporters with their own assignments to commit to." Logan says to Kara trying to convince her not to help him and to leave him to his own devices.

Kara shakes her head in disagreement, lightly protesting, "Come on Logan, you've got to let me help you, I insist if it's this paramount for you. If you let me, I'll treat you to some lunch. Anywhere you'd like, I'll even pay for both of us, it won't cost you anything other than time."