Rejoining

A few weeks later, Sam & Owen are on a walk together when Sam tells Owen about the possibility that Jamie might be back with Richmond. Owen feels compelled to laugh & say that Sam is lying. Until Sam shows him the picture of Jamie & Coach Lasso. Owen doesn't want to believe his friend; he doesn't want to believe that Jamie could be coming back. He almost trips over himself before assuring Sam that he's just fine.

Owen is able to let out a sigh of relief after Coach Lasso tells the team that Jamie is likely not going to rejoin. Everyone seems to be having a good day during practice after they're told about Jamie. His relief does not last long. Whilst walking home after practice, it starts pouring down rain & Owen is stuck getting soaked. Until an umbrella is suddenly covering his head.

"I uh noticed you needed an umbrella," someone says but it only takes Owen mere seconds to identify him as Jamie Tartt. Owen goes to speak as he looks up at Jamie but no words come out.

"I'm fine. Thank you though," Owen says, simply trying to escape the situation as he attempts to walk back to his flat. He can feel Jamie grasp his wrist "let go of me, Tartt, I'm not in the mood for this," he snaps. He knows that Jamie is much stronger than him & could easily keep Owen hostage but to his surprise, Jamie lets go. Owen glares at the other man before walking off.

To his dismay, Jamie is at training tomorrow. "Shit," is the only thing he can seem to say as Jamie walks onto the field. Owen refuses to even acknowledge that Jamie is there until after training where they're all actually told about Jamie's rejoining. Jamie had also been following Owen around since training had ended. To Owen, it just seemed like the other man was being foolish & annoying; however, to Jamie, he had thought that Owen seemed distant from the team.