Chapter 2

I stood outside my class for a brief moment trying to calm myself from having a panic attack, as I pushed the door the absolute horror I encountered my SISTER was in MY class!! All the alarms in my brain went off literally. Thank the heaven's I mask my emotions really well she looked at me with the most disgusted look, I just stood there staring at her, thankfully the teacher broke the awful tension between us. "Welcome to Westbrook high school Sarah", my teacher greeted me, it took everything in me to answer her and not run away, "thank you Mrs. Smith", I replied. She then instructed me to find whichever seat I felt most comfortable in, I sat to the far corner of the class obviously in the front row hoping to not draw anymore attention to myself, my first class was a breeze no one spoke to me which is fine I don't like people that much anyways, Mrs. Smith is really nice, so far so good. My other classes went by pretty quickly soon enough it was lunch period luckily for us we had an option to eat out and guess what, I ate out because I'd rather eat alone in public than at school or even in my car and that's exactly what I did, I had at least 10 minutes before my next class started so I went to the washroom, and obviously my day was going far to good so you know what I just had to run into her, my sister. I did what I had to do as if she wasn't there with her minions, quite frankly I could careless about her being here but it's the fact that I know she'd make high school hell for me that scares me the most, she looked me up and down "girl you look like you need a makeover" she said, I ignored her which got her fired up, "I know you hear me talking to you Sarah?", "I know damn well your weak ass not ignoring me", at this point I knew I had to leave before she does something stupid, I go to leave and she tugs me by my bag and I stumble, I looked at her and said "what is your problem, can't you just leave me alone?" She goes onto say , "your in my school now so therefore you're gonna do what I say, mom and dad ain't here to save your sorry ass now huh? At that point I wanted to cry, I walk out as the bell rang and she and her friends followed , and of course she had to embarrass me in front of everyone in the hallway, she started calling me names and talking about how I smell bad and her friends came behind me and emptied the garbage on my head, I stood there modified as everyone laughed at me, all I could have done was run. I ran straight to the parking lot and got in my car and left, I cried for hours while driving, I didn't even realize how far I was till I stopped at a random sign and questioned everything, I really thought this school year would have been it for me, new friends and good grades but obviously she had to snatch that away from me and embarrass me on my first day. I cried a little longer until it was past the time school had finished and left for home, I got home and went straight to my room and showered thankfully my room has a fully functioning bathroom where I don't have to face anyone and by anyone I mean my sister. My parents work long hours, they leave around 7 in the morning and come home really late at night, it's very rare they even make it to dinner, but today obviously they just had to come home in time for dinner. After a long day my mom is way to tired to cook or do anything so we have a housekeeper and a maid, they both are amazing I hardly talk to them I feel as though I'm a bother to them. Today our maid cooked pot roast, her cooking is literally the best I've ever eaten, usually I'd eat up in my room but my parents won't allow it because it's very rare we eat as a family.

Everyone sat at the dinner table eating, naturally my dad asked how was our first day of school and my sister replied "it was so great daddy I made so many friends and our teachers are literally the best" ughh such a prissy literally brat am I rig...

Everyone sat at the dinner table eating, naturally my dad asked how was our first day of school and my sister replied "it was so great daddy I made so many friends and our teachers are literally the best" ughh such a prissy literally brat am I right? I continued eating avoiding eye contact, he asked again, as much as I hated this conversation I replied anyway, " well since you asked it was quite awful I hated it" my mom and dad were both stunned at my response, "what happened sweetie?" Mom asked, "well mom the little princess you've raised embarrassed me in front the whole school by insulting me and emptying garbage on my head" I said in an angry tone. My mom was furious "Natalie Marie Thomas what the hell is your problem!"