4. The Classroom Chaos

________________________________

CHAPTER 4
________________________________

"I win," said Naruto, eyes shining with mirth and a playful grin on his face.

Sasuke didn't glare at him, though it was close. He continued looking at the cuts on his hand with an unbothered air about him.

"You lose," Naruto added, enunciating the two words to perfection that were as much as an attack on Sasuke as a body throw. He really was enjoying messing with the almost-pouty Uchiha.

In response, Sasuke grunted, refusing to acknowledge the blond's teasing with actual words.

"We made a wager, remember?" and though Sasuke wasn't looking at Naruto, he could tell the other boy had a smirk on his face.

"Hn," he deemed to reply nonetheless.

Naruto rolled his eyes, forever amused by Sasuke, who always fought to retain his upper hand through sheer denial of his defeat. "Fine then. Be that way. I'll just leave."

"Hn."

Naruto calmly walked over to the tree where he'd dropped of some of his belongings. Picking them up, he went in the direction towards the village. Just before he exited Sasuke's earshot, he shouted,

"Meet you here next weekend, same time. Bye Sasu-kun!"

Sasuke, now devoid of any audience, ground his teeth at the new nickname Naruto gave him. To mock him ofcourse. And he'd be lying if I said it didn't work.

Regardless, he was actually excited for the next weekend. After the match was over and it was apparent that victory was not his, he had been resigned to his fate of training with Naruto and his energy and his orangeness and his surprisingly humorous attitude.

Oh he still despised the human species as a whole. There was no one who understood him, his quite uniquely horrific circumstances. He really only had one goal and it would always be that way. To kill the man who killed everyone he loved, everyone he called his own. Who killed his entire clan. Who saw people as playthings.

Or atleast that was what Sasuke thought.

But while reaching that goal, he supposed he could afford some fun, some moments of unwinding. Now if that fun came in the form of training and spending a little time with Naruto, the alleged dead last of his class, then so be it.

He still had questions though. They would bug him, he knew that but he was nothing if not patient. It was not like he wanted to talk to Naruto now, to initiate meandering conversations with his classmate. All he wanted was to spar with him and that was it.

Nodding to himself, Sasuke started his usual training exercises. Once he was done, he left the ground with an unfamiliar facial expression on his face. He wasn't really sure what had caused it but there had been an unfamiliar streak of fulfilment after today's workout that usually lacked. He guessed it was good enough a reason to feel just a tad better about himself and his progress.

And if someone asked him later, whether he had been smiling, he'd quite politely inform them that no, he wasn't smiling and that it was just a facial muscle exercise.

___________

Sasuke left his comfy apartment, and headed straight to the academy. He reached there under fifteen minutes and entered the empty classroom. The others would not start arriving for another half hour so he had some time to himself.