8. Sensei and his Students

__________________________________

CHAPTER 8
__________________________________

Sasuke was a getting a bit desperate -- to the point he'd do anything short of wearing a skirt or killing a cat to get the pink-haired girl to stop talking. Because ever since the announcement was made informing them that Sasuke was in a team with Sakura and Naruto, Sasuke was regretting his entire existence. 

Sasuke knew he had quite a few admirers here at the academy and while most of the time, they'd leave him alone after a harsh glare, today it seemed that this girl was determined to get him talking. 

He was getting a bit tired of the subtly probing questions and the yells of offence coming from the other kunoichis. He would most definitely have to invest in a box of ear buds soon.

He looked towards Naruto, who sat with the Nara and hoped that one of them would show some consideration and mercy towards his awful circumstances and come and get this girl away from him.

Throw her out of the window or something.

When no one magically showed up to save him from the killer boredom, he tried a different tactic. He actually replied to Sakura -- some question about his favourite restaurant. 

"Saiki's Shack," he muttered. "That's my favourite, now will you shut up?" 

Sakura gave him a delighted smile and he realised, with hints of mortification that he'd effectively encouraged her to keep the conversation going instead of cutting it short. 

"I love that place's onigiri!" she told him, unprompted. "We should go their some day, y'know, now that we're in a team and all--" 

"SAKURA!" 

Sakura looked to her right where the shout came from. 

"Ah," she turned a sheepish look towards Sasuke. "That was just my friend. So where was I?" 

"You should go."

"Where?" 

"To your friend. She's calling you."

"Oh," she blinked, actually considering leaving their interaction midway. "Okay, but I'll be right back. Don't move!" 

With that, the girl all but sprinted towards the brown haired friend of hers and Sasuke had no doubt she'd tell her about the chat they'd just had as something to be revered and sought after. 

Sasuke thought that this silence was golden. One to savour before Sakura got her wits about her and started bothering him again.

A shinobi with a goatee and a cigarette hanging loosely from his mouth walked in then, silent steps stopping by the door.

"Team 10?" he scanned the faces of the genin seated inside before his eyes fell on his trio of students. "Meet me in training ground twenty-two in ten minutes," he instructed in this steady yet bored voice. But the ones in the classroom heard him nonetheless because powerful shinobi had an aura about them that shouted listen to me, whatever I say is important.

Sasuke saw Shikamaru, the blonde and the Akimichi heir head out the door. He noticed though, with some interest, how the Nara's gaze lingered a tad too long on Naruto before moving away.