FAKE LOVE (I Need You)

The seven men stand on the stage inside their individual, rectangular metal frames that look like tall boxes without walls. Their poses are similar to each other, yet entirely unique -heads hanging down, some bodies leaning over, some legs in weird angles. They are all statuesque in their stillness, somehow seeming a little broken and stuck in their stances while they wait to begin.

Two wide ribbons hang down from the tops of the frames and they wrap around each of the wrists of the posing men, making it look like they're stuck, entangled in them. Despite looking flimsy, the ties are actually strong enough to carry their weights, should they choose to hang on seriously but for the purposes of the show, they are only lightly hugging around their limbs.

To add an element of intrigue to the sexy, fake bondage, their faces are covered by exquisite masks shrouding their identifying features in mystery while they wait for the music and hang down from the ties like marionettes.

The setup is enough to have an erotic vibe flow through the performance already before the dancing -let alone the music- has even started.

The stage is dark with the exception of the spotlights highlighting each figure, bright enough to make the white ribbons glow and the detail of their varied, but matching outfits pop.

JungKook and Taehyung are both dressed in black for this performance, Taehyung with a glittery top underneath a sheer, unbuttoned shirt, JungKook in a shaped jacket with metal stud detailing over the pockets -both wearing trousers of such tightness that very little is being left to the imagination.

JungKook can actually see the delicious curve of Taehyung's ass and the golden glow of his strawberry blonde hair if he glimpses under his brows while they wait to start their practice. He is facing away from the to-be audience, his ribbons crossing over and Taehyung, in the frame next to him, is leaning over forward, toward the front of the stage.

Despite promising himself to not think about sex during the rehearsal, JungKook's mind drifts into the gutter as soon as he admires Taehyung's curves, already imagining what it would feel like to stand behind the bent figure bound to the frame and fuck him senseless.

"Stop staring." Annoyed, Taehyung hisses over his shoulder, although JungKook can hear pleased undertones in the supposedly harsh words. "They're gonna notice."

JungKook knows Jimin is in the frame directly to the right of him and a quick glance over to the other side of Taehyung reveals Jin in a standing position, waiting patiently. If he heard the whispered words, he shows no indication of it.

Eerie sounds of a synthesizer fill the air, indicating the start of the performance, and it's accompanied by a clicking noise, a mechanical whirring of a cog perhaps and a rhythmic clicking of fingers -the men's sudden, jarred movements perfectly synchronised to it.

Slowly, one by one the robotic moves detach the figures from the frames when the ribbons fall and the freed hands reach to remove the masks to reveal an exquisite face after an exquisite face.

They begin their usual routine with Taehyung at the beginning of the queue, JungKook further back in the middle, stepping out to the side in sync to the first sounds of the song itself, Fake Love, to form a line of shapes reminiscent of a series of images of steps taken by a person running.

They have performed the routine hundreds of times, in the dance practice studio, in performances, interviews, shows, yet the moment in their solo dance section when JungKook leans back onto Taehyung, never gets old. Being caught by the warm, large hand that's always there to catch him, no matter what, it makes something flutter in the depths of JungKook, perhaps more than he'd like to admit.