5

TWs: swearing
Clay's POV

At the end of class, I checked up on George. He seemed sad and hurt during class, so I went to find him.
But I found him in the last place I wanted to find him in.
I heard laughing and jeering coming from the corridor near my next class, Editing, and went over to see what all the fuss was about. I saw Alexis, Jonathan and Phillip surrounding someone. I looked over them, since I was taller than all of them, and saw George crying in the middle of them. I immediately got their attention by yelling at them.
"Hey! What's your problem? All of you!"
They turned around to face me, and Phillip fake-screamed and began to pretend to hyperventilate.
"Sorry, you gave me a p..p..panic attack!" he jeered, laughing.
"Yeah, I'm now gonna go c-cry in a corner!" Alexis laughed.
"He's got no right to be here, with all the problems he has." Jonathan snapped.
"Shut up, you bratty sluts!" I shouted, throwing my books onto the floor. I pushed all of them out of the way and stood in front of George.
"You leave him alone, he's more special than you are!"
This made the bullies disperse, muttering "Just being honest." and "Gay bitch boy."
I ignored them, and bent down next to George. "Hey. Are you okay?" I asked. I saw George's books and the contents of his pencil case strewn over the floor. I also saw a few drops of what looked like blood, and I gasped in horror.
"George! Look at me." I said.
George looked up at me, and a cut ran straight down his cheek.
"Did those idiots do that to you?"
George nodded, and I swiftly got up to let someone know.
"Wait." George whispered. I knelt back down to listen to him. I saw tears streaming down his face, and his cheeks were red and blotchy from his crying.
"Why did you say I was special? I'm just as normal as everyone else."
"Oh... I-I didn't mean it like that, George, I'm sorry! I-I didn't think before I spoke, and then I just said it, and then- oh, George.. I'm so sorry!" I rambled.
"It-It's okay." George said, wiping blood from his cut.
"Do you want me to get someone?" I asked.
"No, I'm fine." George sniffed. "Can you just..."
"Just what? What do you need me to do?" I asked.
"Just stay with me?"
"Of course. Do you want a hug?"
"Yes please."
I gently wrapped my arms around George, hugging him. I saw him smile, and he eventually hugged me back. After a while, we broke away, and I started to pick up his things for him. I piled his books together and put his pens and pencils back into his pencil case. I helped him up, holding his hand and gently pulling him up.
"Thanks." he said.
"Don't mention it." I said, handing him his things. "What's your next class?"
"Editing." George smiled.
"Same here. Come, I'll walk you."
I walked with George to class, and thankfully, none of those idiots were there. I smiled at George, and he sat at the desk next to me. He opened his laptop that was already on the desk, and I took mine out of my backpack, setting it on my desk. I got started with my assignment, and it seemed easy at first.
But after a while, I felt pretty dizzy, and I felt something drip onto my hoodie. I looked down and saw a bright red droplet against the green cotton fibre on my sleeve.
"Shit," I whispered, as more red droplets fell onto my hoodie. "Not again." I wiped my nose with my sleeve, but that just stained it further. More and more blood dripped down, and I felt dizzier and dizzier. The last thing I remembered was George next to me, asking me if I was okay, and then my vision went black.