welcome back.

Plot: after being away for sometime becahse of a mission Dumbledore sent you on, you finally came back to Hogwarts and you decide to surprise your boyfriend by throwing him a party for his birthday.

basically connecting this plot to my break and then coming back after awhile. feels nice to be writing again, especially harry potter.
fluff
no trigger warnings
———————

"y/n!" Hermione and Ron shouted as the ran towards you in the common room, almost pushing you over as they hugged you as tight as they could. You smiled and hugged back, feeling relieved to be back at Hogwarts with your friends, it had been so long since you all seen eachother and you missed them dearly. "hey guys.." you giggled and pulled away looking at the two infront of you who had bright smiles on their face, Ron looked like he could just burst with excitement.

"how was the mission? we need to hear your stories!" Hermione begged but as much as you would love to tell all your stories,  the three of you needed to get started on Harrys surprise party you had planned. You and Dumbledore purposely set your return date on the day of Harrys seventeenth birthday, yes his birthday was July 31st and school hadn't started yet but you thought this would be perfect.. no slytherins to make rude comments, and no teachers like professor Snape to ruin and shut down the party.

You had this whole school to use but of course the gryffindor common room was just fine. "did Fred and George take Harry out for a Quidditch game?" you asked Ron who had nodded, "mhm yup! a long one too, Harry can play for hours." he chuckled, earning a small smile from Mione. You used your wand to bring out all the decorations and supplies, humming to yourself as you did so.

Arthur had entered the room with the tables, while Cedric who came with him helped moved the unnecessary furniture out of the way. Ginny, Angelina, and Molly were all in the kitchen cooking up delicious food, you Hermione and Ron all decorated the place. Eventually all the guests started to arrive and one by one did the table for the presents get filled up, almost stacking higher than the cake.

Everyone chatted for awhile until one of the twins came running into the room, "Harrys on his way with George! hide!" he said kind of quietly but also loudly. Everyone ran into their hiding spots while you ran to hide in the dormitory, planning on not coming out until they did cake. The room went pitch black and everyone went silent, the only light anyone saw was the light from the hall went Fred opened the door, letting Harry move to go infront of him.

"whys it so dark in here for? swear the lights were on when we left." Harry chuckled and went to flip on the light switch, "and where did Ron and Hermione go?"

The lights came on and everyone jumped out from their hiding spots, shouting surprise and smiling, Hermione walked over and placed a party had on top of Harrys head no matter how much he refused and fought. "is this what Fred and George dragged me out for Quidditch for?" he laughed and walked over to Sirius and Remus, hugging them, "you bet." Fred replied to his question and walked over to get punch from one of the tables.

As the night went on everyone was drinking, talking, and dancing, Harry seemed to be enjoying himself but was still a little upset since his girlfriend hadn't gotten back from her mission, or so he thought. Harry walked over to Remus, "Y/n still isn't back?" he questioned to which Remus shook his head in response, "no but Dumbledore said she should be back soon, maybe by next month." he shot Harry a small smile and patted his back, "go tell the others, we're doing your cake."

Harry nodded and gathered everybody around, Molly had went upstairs to give y/n the cake, helping her light the candles and get ready to bring it down. "you ready dear?" Arthur asked and Molly shouted back down at him, "yes start singing!" she said in a happy tone.

happy birthday to you

y/n headed down the stairs with the cake infront of her, slowly making her way around the corner, Harry stood there with his drink in his hand, smiling and fully prepared for Molly to come walking down the stairs.

happy birthday to you

You finally made your way down the first set of stairs and came around the corner, smiling and making direct eye contact with Harry as you watched his smile get even bigger.. you started singing with the rest of the group.

happy birthday dear Harry

You stopped infront of your boyfriend and moved the cake so you could place a soft kiss on his cheek.

happy birthday to you.

Everyone went silent and Harry blew out his candles, "put the cake down." he urged and you obeyed, immediately getting hugged by him.. it felt nice to be in his arms again. "oh my merlin.. you're back." he said, it was muffled since his face was buried in your shoulder, you smiled and kissed the top of his head, "happy birthday my love."

Hermione and Ron started clapping, which got everyone else to start clapping, "best present ever." Harry smiled and stayed attached to you, being attached to your hip the rest of the night.