relief.

a/n: i haven't updated this book in so long, i apologize. i ran out of plot ideas so if you guys want to recommend some that would be awesome! i'd like to get back to writing this book again. happy new years !

plot :
its the aftermath of the battle of hogwarts. you (y/n) we're sent out to help the wounded, whilst harry was put on clean up duty. neither one of you had seen eachother since harrys almost demise, neither one of you knew if the other was okay.
TW : talks of death, bl*od, and injuries.

🪄

harry wandered the corridors of hogwarts.

the beautiful pillars and arches that once stood were now dust and debri, leaving peices of small rock everywhere.

you stood in the great hall. your eyes searching through the millions of stretchers and makeshift beds, looking for the people you knew.

the battle of hogwarts brought many fatalities, many wounds. it left mental and physical scars on everybody but relief that voldermort was finally gone and so were his death eaters.

your feet were sore, your whole body ached, bandages were wrapped so tightly around your skin it felt restricting. you couldn't focus on any of that though, all you could worry about was not knowing if harry was okay. you hadn't seen him anywhere since he faked his death, your eyes couldn't find them no matter how hard they searched.

"y/n we need help covering the wounded dear . ." mollys voice brought you out of your daze, weakly nodding as she handed you some supplies and pointed out areas that hadn't been helped yet. you didn't speak or make a noise, you just silently obeyed and walked over to cho chang, a mutual friend of you and harrys.

cho chang looked at you with the saddest eyes. she looked frail, her body shook, cuts and bruises lined her body.

you began by taking a substance and a cotton ball, soaking it and lightly dabbing it onto the cuts to clean them. when ron and hermione suddenly came up to you in a panic, but there was still no harry.
"oh my god, y/n you're alive."

hermione spoke as she let out a sigh if relief, both kneeling down beside you. cho chang looked at the two of them, "she hasn't spoken a word. have either of you seen harry?" she asked the anxiety-filled question that had been on your mind. you were hoping they had but with all the debri and ruckus, it was hard to navigate around the school.

ron was the first to shake his head and answer, "no, we actually came in here thinking he'd be with y/n."

and just like that your heart sank again. it couldn't have been good if not even ron, his bestfriend, knew where he was.
"well if voldermorts dead . . that means harry has to be alive right?" cho spoke again and this time, you responded to her.

"not necessarily. they both could've taken eachother out at the same time, but i don't think harrys dead."

your voice was dull and your eyes were void of emotions. your movements were slow as you continued to clean and bandage cho, until you were finally finished.

hermione nodded, "neither do we. knowing harry hes probably helping clean up." ron made a slight noise to agree with her.

you grabbed some supplies off of a table and handed them to ron and hermione, "well before we can go look, we need to finish helping here." you spoke and looked at your friends who gave you a slight smile and nod.