Chapter One ~ No Tears Left To Cry

As a woke up from my dream, I took a look around letting out a sigh of relief when I realized there were no children around me, no authoritative being, and no pretty but familiar lady. Same old pink walls, same old uncomfy beds, same old broken and cracked nightstands, and same old alarm.

 Wait, Alarm? Coming to my senses I jolted out of my bed and looked around. Nobody was there, so that must mean everyone's already downstairs for adoption day! I quickly took a 1-minute shower with ice-cold water and tried to comb through my unruly black coils but it was taking too long. Instead, I put them into two lengthy braids pulled on my best clothes and rushed downstairs with the others who were halfway through breakfast.

 "Oh, look who late again. It's Gaiaaa." "Stop with that. I'm sure you have better things to do than bother people, Emily" "Your no fun Mia" Emily scoffed, but she backed off anyway. "Thanks for that Mia, but you know I can stand up for myself right." "Yeah I do but you never seem to do it anyway," Mia said, playfully rolling her eyes at me.

 "Come on girls time for the adoption Ceremony, you will have to miss the rest of lunch Gaia." "Yes, Ms.Bearly." we all chorused. We all lined up in a single file line into the main room as we wait for our could-be parents to enter. One by one they arrived and one by one all children were gone with their new guardians. Everyone except Mia and me. Turning to her I muttered, "Looks like it's just you and me again as always." "Just how I like it." She smiled back. However, that smile turned into a frown when someone came into the room.

 It was a fine and proper-looking lady with silver heels and a white blouse. She started talking to Ms.Bearly we heard her say "That one with the two braids, is she well behaved?." "Oh yes, yes, Her name is Gaia, and boy is she a fine and dandy young lady. However, she does have her temper. It is something else." "What about the one beside her?" "That is Mia shes... Well, she is something." "I'll take Gaia." "You don't mind her temper?" "No, I'll be sure to make a short work of that." "Okay, Ma'am here are the adoption papers if you could just get those signed..." Mia and I look at each other in shock, tears swelling up in our eyes. "I guess I spoke too soon," I whispered tearily. "I guess you did" She whispered back.

 We both hugged each other until our eyes were dry and there were no tears left to cry. After what felt way too soon my new guardian said: "Come on Gaia time to go, I don't have all day you know, there is much to do." "Bye Mia," I mumbled softly. "Bye, Gaia." Mia softly said back. 

Turning, I walked to my guardian and wiped my tears. This is where my journey started. Sadly I don't get to see where Mia's journey will end.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry for the short chapter yall but I promise they will get longer :)