Chapter Two ~ Mother

I reluctantly walked away with my new guardian to her vehicle. However, before we made it to the car Mia came running out. "Gaia, Gaia!" Turning, I gave her a sad smile, "Yes, Mia" "You forgot this. I know you would be miserable without it" Looking at what she handed me, I realized it was the only thing I was left with when my 'parents' ditched me, it was a small black blanket with the word Harmonia. "Thank you mia," I whispered. "Your welcome, Gaia," she said back and we embraced each other. Running out of patience, my new guardian snapped "Time to go. Run back inside Mia. Now." We both sadly smiled at each other and she went back inside the orphanage.

 I slowly let my smile fall and put on a pained face."Get that look off your face girl, you should be happy you're wanted, no?"Putting on the fakest smile I can muster I said "Don't get me wrong I'm overjoyed! I'm just not sure if I can measure up to your standards of elegancy. Maybe, I deserve to be in the orphanage in this of your pristine and expensive car" "Thank you dear I'm flattered, but you are the key to my success. What would my fans say if I promised to adopt and didn't deliver? That would not be very good, oh no it wouldn't. Besides, you were the cleanest one left."

 After that, I was fuming, I was angry that she called me a "one" as if I was an object on a shelf, I was angry I was separated from my only form of family, my only form of a friend, Mia.I was angry this woman adopted me just to please her followers, and I'm angry and confused about why my original parents didn't want me, but like usual, I shoved it all in a box, locked it, threw away the key, and buried it 6 feet underground.

 I took a deep breath and said "I'll try my best to please your follower's miss." "Yes, yes You better. Let's start by calling me 'mom'. I can't have my followers catch you called me 'miss'. Oh dear, that would be bad. " "Yes Mom" I replied with a glare. To my relief and disappointment, she didn't notice.

 "Oh finally, we are home. Let's go, dear." As I got out of her tesla, I looked around. This place was a mansion. I'm talking all marble, golden pillars, and huge windows. We walked into the entrance and I had to stifle a gasp. This place was huge. As soon as we walked in I saw a living room to my right complete with an elevator. As well as a kitchen to the left of the living room that had to be bigger than a football field. The whole place was bustling with maids and they looked rushed.

 "Come here, dear. Let's take the elevators to your new room." "Yes, mother" I replied. We boarded the elevator entered a hall, passed multiple doors, and finally, opened my bedroom door.

Hope you guys liked it. I know it's boring right now but I promise the plot will pick up soon.😩 Please vote If you enjoyed this part and add this to your reading list so you never miss an update.