11: Nataile

I broke a fair few traffic laws as I drove, I took every back street I could to get to her quicker. Her cries were ringing through the speakers of the car and I just wanted to get to her and make sure she was okay. She hasn't said much on the phone and she was still slightly drunk. I saw her walking towards my car, phone held to her ear her other arm was wrapped around herself. Her normally perfect hair was mattered and frizzy. Her make-up was running down her cheeks. "I can see you, I'm going to hang up," I tell her and pulled over. I got out of the car. 

She ran to me and held onto me. Her grip was tight but her hands were shaking, she was visibly trembling. "You're okay. I got you." I tell her leading her to the passenger seat. "Your dress is torn," I tell her she looked down at it and traced the tear. I got in the car and started to drive. "Have you messaged your friends?" She shakes her head, she was in shock. "Baby? What happened?" I asked as I drove towards her building. "I'm just drunk. I shouldn't have called." She said looking at me. There was something she was telling me without saying it, but I couldn't work it out I couldn't look at her long enough to work it out but there was something. 

"Is Wanda at the party?" "Yes." "Do you feel comfortable staying with me? You seem upset. And I don't want you to be alone." I tell her. "I'm sorry. I didn't listen." So something did happen, she wasn't just drunk and crying. "Forget about it." I dismiss her. I take her hand and give it a squeeze. "Sleep if you want. I'll wake you when we get to the apartment." I tell her noticing her eyes getting heavy. "You're safe," I whispered to her as her eyes shut.

--------

"Liv?" "yeah?" "We're home." She gets out of the car and I take her to my apartment. She sat on the sofa. "What happened?" "I told you, I was just drunk. I shouldn't have called you." She said emotionless. "You said someone was coming." "No." "Liv?" I sat on the floor in front of her taking her hands in mine looking her in the eyes. "You can trust me." "Nothing happened. I was just drunk." She said sticking to her story. "How did your dress get ripped?" "I don't know. I climbed on a table at one point, could have been then." She shrugged, she was lying. 

"Can I borrow some clothes?" She pulled at the hem of her dress tugging it down. "Yeah, come on." I took her hand and lead her upstairs she walked up in front and I noticed she had no underwear on. "Are you sure nothing happened?" "Yes." She said sitting on my bed. I could guess what happened but I didn't like the thought. Not one bit.

I grabbed her an oversized tee and some shorts. "Here you go, the bathrooms through there and there are toothbrushes in the cabinet." She nodded and went through to the bathroom. There was nothing to go off. No one I could call to ask what happened because how do I explain me picking up my student from a party at 4 AM. 

She came back into the room and climbed onto the bed, she sat in the corner and looked out at the city she wrapped herself in my duvet. 

"Baby?" "I'm tired

"Baby?" "I'm tired. Can we sleep?" "Yes. Of course." I took my hoodie off and was in my tank top, I was asleep before she called me. I was annoyed at first, I thought she was just butt dialling me. And then I heard her cry and I haven't moved that fast to my car in a long while.