Chapter 6- Mom?

Chapter 6

Craig's P.O.V

I held Tweek in my arms, unsure on what to do now. His hand was bleeding continuously and all I felt my heart drop at the thought of if my bullet had hit him.
"Get an emergency kit fast!" I ordered to the two parents who were staring at their son in horror. The two ran out into the halls to try and find it.
"C-Craig?" Tweek croaked as he slipped in an out of consciousness and I realized that his twitching had stopped all together.
"Yeah?" I asked and I was surprised that he could tell it was me. If he could recognize me solely by my eyes then this guy was good. Nobody had ever been able to identify me by my eyes before, even the people I'd saved before.
"S-so... it's y-you..." He sighed before finally going unconscious.
His parents finally came back and the father and I both worked to cover the wound. The bullet still seemed to be in his hand so I had to pull it out. First I had to cut off the circulation to his arm to stop extensive bleeding... so I tore off a sash from my cloak and tied his arm tightly. I finally got the bullet out and the father bandaged Tweek's hand up afterwards.
"Who do you think you are?" The father demanded and he shot me an evil look of hatred and fear.
"I was only after the man, I didn't mean for him to get hurt!" I argued and we stared at eachother for a long time and I could tell that we were both angry with each other.
Tweek's mother was on the phone and was calling for an ambulance and I knew that I had to leave.
"Take good care of him." I said and leapt out of the window and rushed back home.

AT THE HOSPITAL

Tweek's P.O.V

My whole world was spinning and the pain was numbed all across my body. Was I still injured? How long had I been out of it? As soon as the world came back to me I felt something different underneath me. Was this a bed?
My eyes fluttered open and a bright light greeted my sore eyes. When my eyes were more adjusted to the light I could see an I.V right next to my bed and someone was crying right next to me.
"M-mom?" I croaked and I began to cough continuously.
The crying stopped and I could feel my mother's embrace. "You're okay!" She cried and with one arm I was able to hug her. The other hand was bandaged and sore from the bullet I had sustained earlier. Craig was there too, I heard him reply when I said his name. Is it just me or is Craig showing up a lot in my life?
"Miss, is he awake?" A nurse asked from the doorway and she nodded in reply.
The two talked about something while I sat up in my bed and looked down at my hand that was bandaged up. Looking at it made me remember the pain of that bullet piercing right through the skin. When would this nightmare end?
"Are you feeling better Tweek?" The nurse asked and I realized that something was missing... this was my only chance until we got back home.
"Do y-you GAH! h-have an-any coff-coffee?" I asked and after a slight nod she left the room again.
Now my mother had turned back to me but her large smile had subsided. "Tweek?" She asked and a shiver went up my spine.
"Y-yes?" I replied.
"Who was that boy who attacked Mr. Ryan?" She asked and my whole body went cold. I was getting that feeling again... that feeling that something was wrong here. She was happy only a few seconds ago but now she seemed to be as cold as ice.
"I-I don't kn-know." I lied and one of her eyebrows raised slightly.
"Tweek, I need you to tell me who it was!" She ordered.
"AH!" I yelped as she slowly walked closer to me.
"I heard you say his name. I know that you know him. You see, the police need to know who this boy is... he could help them find the robber." She instructed and she sat back down in the chair next to my bed.
"It w-was p-probably ju-just my d-drowsiness." I suggested.
My mother sighed and got back up when the nurse came back with some coffee.
"Here you go Tweek." She said as she handed me the coffee.
"Th-thank you M-miss!" I thanked and drank it gratefully.

After signing me out of the hospital and everything my parents rode me home without another word. What was up with them? All my life I've seen them do some crazy things but now they were acting... demented!
It was a very long car ride and for once I was relieved to be back home. Right when we got inside rain began to fall outside and I went over to the window to watch it.
This time I didn't look so closely at how the rain collected, I mainly looked out at the streets below and the cars that passed.
Minutes later I saw someone walking outside in the cold rain with no umbrella and no other coat than a dark blue one. It was (drum roll please) Craig again.
Without thinking I grabbed two umbrellas and dashed down the stairs and went as fast as I could over the slippery pavement.
"C-Craig w-wait!" I called and Craig turned around and looked at me with a confused expression. I think this is the first time I've seen his expression change.
"Tweek?" He asked and I opened and handed him an umbrella.
"C-can I sp-speak with y-you?" I whispered and opened my own umbrella and looked at the house to see if there was anyone looking out at us.
"Sure." He agreed.
"W-we can't ta-talk here..." I said and we began walking along the sidewalk.
"Is your hand okay?" Craig asked without looking at me.
"I-it's fine." I said and I didn't look at him either. It was rare for me to talk to Craig so this made me feel uncomfortable. I heaved a great sigh and decided to actually talk to him.
"Th-that was y-you ri-right?" I asked and he nodded, "Th-thanks for s-saving me."
"No problem." He replied simply and there was a small hint of shock in his voice.
"M-my pa-parents w-want to report y-you to th-the police." I said and Craig and I stopped in our tracks. Something sparked in his eyes but I couldn't tell if it was terror or shock.
"Why?" He asked and our eyes were locked.
"I-I'm not s-sure." I admitted and when I realized that I was looking into his eyes again I quickly looked away.
"Are you going to tell them?" He asked.
"No w-way!" I insisted and I wasn't sure why I acted like that.
"Heh. You're not as bad of a person as I thought Tweek." He said and we were looking at each other again. What was this feeling in my chest? Was it the feeling of... friendship? Or was it something else...?
"Th-thank you Craig." I thanked him and we went silent for a while.
"Do you want to come over to our table at lunch?" Craig suggested and it was so sudden I could tell that my eyes had widened and oddly my face heated up and I looked away nervously to try and hide it.
"S-sure!" I agreed with a smile, "Uh, y-you can k-keep th-the umbrella. I-it l-looks like i-it's going t-to be raining for a wh-while." I added and he nodded showing he understood. We said our goodbyes and went our separate ways.