15. Darling

Clingy!Reader

Short

"Hunter, you never meet with me anymore!" You whined as you threw your arms around him. He had finally opened his bedroom window for you, and you were soaking wet. It was raining hard.

"Sorry...I've been busy..." He murmured.

"With missions?"

"Not exactly..."

Your eyes drifted to his hand and you saw a bird... 

"Goldie, Did you get a palismen without me?!" You exclaimed.

He looked away. "Not so loud, okay? I'm not supposed to have him."

"That's why you didn't want to go on a date today?" You couldn't hide the hurt in your voice.

"Darling, I'm sorry. I just couldn't leave him alone in here. We can go on a date tomorrow, okay?" He looked at the sky. "It looks like it won't stop raining." He looked at your clothes. "And you're soaking. If you stay in those clothes, you'll catch a cold."

You stepped in and crossed your arms. "Funny, I almost thought you wouldn't notice." You said.

"What do you mean?" He asked, tilting his head.

"I was standing out here for a full ten minutes, Hunter!"

He looked at you guilty. But his face hardened. "I warned you when we started dating, I wouldn't get you much attention..with missions, and the emperor..." He said.

"Yeah. I know. I haven't forgot. But I thought we were going somewhere!" You retort.

"What?" He narrowed his eyes.

"Hunter, I thought we were getting closer...remember when you held my hand? Out of nowhere, you reached out and held my hand, like it was no big deal...now...you barely look at me..."

Hunter sighs. "I've been busy."

"Yes! I know! If you're so busy, maybe we should break up! Maybe then I wouldn't burden you with my presence! I wouldn't annoy you then! I-I wouldn't be able to interrup--"

Hunter cut you off by kissing you. His bird flew back slightly and the staff he was holding fell on the ground. The bird looked surprise and it landed on the bed-frame as Hunter captured your face in his hands. When he pulled away, he was red and horror-struck.

"You're not a burden." He said. "Not at all. You don't annoy me, and I don't want to break up with you. Not at all. I'm sorry...You make my life amazing!"

"Hunter- Your staff-"

He kissed you again. "Forget about the staff..." He breathed.

"But Hunter..."

"I'm sorry..."

You stared at him shocked. He stared down. "I'll try to pay more attention to you."

"Hunter..."

He looked at you finally. "I love you."

"..I love you, too"

He kissed you once more, gentler this time. "I know I don't show it much. But I really do love you" He whispered against your lips.

He kissed you again.

"What the heck did I miss? Why are you kissing by a window?" A voice said.

You two pull away startled and saw one of the guards. 

Hunter blushed. "What are you doing here, Steve?" He asked.

"I have your mask..." He laughed. "So, what'd I miss?"

Hunter snatched the mask from Steve. He slammed the door shut.

"Be safe, kids!" Steve called.

You two blushed hard.

"I'm going to kill him." Hunter whispered. You laughed and hugged him, and surprisingly, he hugged back.