55. Talkative

"..And then, I thought 'Hey, why not do this too?' " You said to one of your co-workers and the Golden Guard, he was seeing if you two did your jobs as you patrolled around the castle. You swung your arms back and forth as you continued talking. "So I did it. Then, my friends got mad, but they forgave me, but now we laugh over it, haha!"

You turned to your co-worker and the Golden Guard. "Did you enjoy your break?" You asked them. "Because I did. My mom let me cook! Granted, I almost burned the house down, but it was fiiine." You started to pull out your scroll. "Hold on, I think I have a picture of the faerie pie I finished!"

You realized, you forgot to take pictures. "I forgot to take pictures of the pie." You said disappointed. "Well, I forget a lot of things. In fact, one time-"

You co-worker groaned before snapping at you. "Oh my titan! No one likes hearing you talk," They said angrily.

You froze and the Golden Guard looked toward your co-worker, halting a step.

You flushed, embarrassed that they said that in front of your superior. "W-Well...that was pretty fuckin' rude. Why don't you shut up?" You asked irritated, but your heart raced in fear, and insecurity. I'm embarrassing myself.

You co-worker turned his head toward you and you both stood face to face. "Like, you always talk and literally no one cares what you have to say! You're annoying! Do you ever shut up?"

You gulped as they pointed a finger in your face. "But that doesn't give you an excuse to be rude about it." You whisper.

"Listen, you're, like, the most annoying person I know! And I know a lot of people! If I wasn't rude then you'd still talk! Like, shut up for once, dude." They said crossing their arms. "Even the the Golden Guard is finding you annoying!"

You felt your eyes sting as you dropped your eyes. Was I really being annoying..? Does no one really care what I have say...?

You heard the Golden Guard speak. "I would appreciate it if you didn't put words in my mouth," His voice was clear and serious.

You looked up and saw Hunter looking at your co-worker. What..?

Your superior crossed his arms, towering over the scout. "I was actually listening and enjoying what they were saying when you rudely interrupted with your useless opinion."

You heard your co-worker stammer out a response, "Please, d-don't you think they were a bit annoying..?"

You looked at the Golden Guard who shifted to put his hands on his hips. "No, actually. But I'm thinking you're being a bit annoying." He said, calmly. "Why don't you go to you little dorm room right now? I've seen what I needed to for you. I would like to now examine this scout now."

You opened your mouth slightly as he motioned to you. "Now shoo, shoo," He added. Your co-worker glanced at you before storming away. 

You were alone with the Golden Guard. You lift your mask. "Thank you," You said so your voice wouldn't be muffled. 

The Golden Guard looked at you for a long moment. "It was nothing, soldier." 

"Y/n."

"What?"

"My name is Y/n." You said flashing a smile. 

He paused, and answered, "My name is Hunter."

You grinned. "Cool!" You said happily as you both started walking again. Hunter glanced at you. 

"Can you continue your story?" He asked. 

You looked at him surprised, "Oh- Okay! So, I forgot to do something really important and..."