24. Crushes for Dummies (Edited)

14yo!Reader x 16yo!Hunter

It is a two year difference, please do not come after me.

Hunter was standing outside the castle, getting ready to leave for a mission. You looked down at your boots and backed up at him.

"What?" He asked.

You stared at his golden mask before looking away. "I-I..."

"What is it?" He asked, crossing his arms. "Y/n, I really need to go."

"Nothing!" You turned around scurrying inside the safety of the castle doors. He stared at those doors before shrugging and teleporting off.

...LATER...

You polished your masked, humming. You sat in the hall near the place you get food.

"Y/n."

You jumped and looked up. Hunter stood there. Without his mask and cloak. He looked..woah...

"Hunter!" You said, your face heating up. You gripped your mask tightly. He put his hand on his hip, cocking his head.

On an unrelated note, you found that weirdly attractive.

"Why have you been acting so weird?"

"M...Me. Weird?" You stammered. "I'm not acting weird! You are!" You stood up and ran down the hall.

"What the..." He stared after you. You ran into a wall and he flinched. Hunter blinked as you got up and continued running.

Hunter was walking down the hall and Steve, oh perfect Steve, showed up. "What's up with you, Golden Guard?" He asked.

"Y/n. Do you know why they're acting weird?" Straight to the point.

"They've been acting fine around me. What do they do?"

Hunter looked behind him. "They said they had something to tell me, but ran away. When I confronted them, they said I was acting weird, and proceeded to run away again."

Steve laughed. "That's adorable."

"What's adorable?" Hunter snapped.

Steve motioned over to you, and you were having a conversation with Kikimora. "I think they have a crush on you."

Hunter stood there a moment. A look of confusion plastered on his face. Then he realized what Steve said, his eyes turning wide as he reddened.

"No, they don't!"

Steve crossed his arms. "The reason I say they do is because Y/n is the kind of person to run away from their crush instead of flirting or hinting."

Hunter turned and looked at you. You catched his eye. You tripped, landing on Kikimora, got up and helped her up, a stuttering mess.

"Uh! I have to go!" And you ran away, again, your cheeks darkening.

"Oh no." Hunter said. He rubbed his eyes with his thumb and index finger. You were two years younger than him. He couldn't believe you had a crush on him, of ALL people.

"Why oh no?" Steve asked.

Hunter sighed. "They. I don't see them that way. I don't want to hurt their feelings either."

Steve's quiet. "Why?"

Hunter glared. "I'm not falling for that!"

Steve yawned, covering his mouth part of his mask. "Could you at least give them a shot?"