Chapter 2: Gone Before The Storm.

Dale pulled up his "bugabago" and rolled down the window. "Pile in, guys. It's gonna be a wild ride! And uh, if you gotta use the bathroom, its best you go now cuz we ain't stoppin." Dale said. Hank walked up and fixed his glasses. "Uh, Dale? You have seats in the back, right?" he asked, "Oh for God's sake, Hank. There ain't room for more than 2 seats. I mean where am I gonna put all my specimens?" Dale retorted "Now get in before I drive off with everyone else." "You know, Hank. He is right, I learned the hard way." Bill chimed in. Hank gave in and stepped into the truck. 

Hank took the passengers seat "Alright Dale. I got the map ready so we can- BWAAAAAAAHHHH" he was about to buckle in his seatbelt before Dale SPED off onto the open road. "Dale!!!! Are you NUTS?!" Hank shouted as Bill slammed into the passengers seat. "Sorry, Hank." Bill replied. "You kiddin, Hank? This is the best part!" Dale then went into full gear as the truck sped up to almost illegal mileage (Then again, he was probably driving way over the speed limit to begin with.) Boomhaur was begging that Dale slow down while Bill, Bobby, and Joseph were bouncing around in the back. "Just uh, do me a favor and don't breathe a word of this to my wife." Dale whispered to Hank, "Well fine but just as long as we arrive in one piece." Hank scoffed while crossing his arms. 

"Mr. Gribble... Do you think you could turn on the radio?" Bobby mumbled. "If you're into the news, sure." Dale replied as he turned on his car radio. "BREAKING NEWS: This just in, the snowstorm is getting halfway towards the Arlen area at 12 mph. If you happen to be hunting for deer (like my husband and his friends,) I'd advise you have some sort of vehicle to camp in for the night. This is Nancy Gribble signing off." the news blurb turned off before switching to the country station. "Awwww my lil baby girl gave us a shoutout." Dale cooed before flipping his shades. "HEY SON! WE'RE FAMOUS!" he called out to Joseph. "AW YEAH!" Joseph replied. Bobby just rolled his eyes "What about us?" the boy muttered. "Hey I know what'll cheer us up. Let's head to the WhatABurger and grab some food!" Dale suggested. Boomhaur went on to scold Dale about how it was "Too dang ol dangerous" with the big storm coming. "Now that you mention it, there IS a Mega Lo Mart next to the WhatABurger. So maybe we could swing by to pick up some safety equipment." Hank replied. The rest of the group agreed thank Hank had a good point so they all stopped at the previously mentioned locations. 

"Bill just hurry up and decide already, we've got precious time on our hands!" Dale complained. "I'm sorry, Dale. There's just so many options!" Bill replied nervously. Hank sighed heavily, "Look how about we split up. Dale, you can order your food with Bill and the kids, Boomhaur and I are gonna go to Mega Lo Mart." he said, "Just order us two combo meals." Hank and Boomhaur then left the restaurant. "Now I know what I want!" Bill realized "What about you Dale?" .... "I don't know, Bill. I don't know..."