ACT ONE, SCENE TWO

𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐈𝐀𝐍'𝐒 𝐏𝐎𝐂𝐊𝐄𝐓 𝐁𝐔𝐑𝐍𝐄𝐃 𝐀 𝐁𝐑𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 𝐓𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐄 when his fingers shifted only a few centimeters

          𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐈𝐀𝐍'𝐒 𝐏𝐎𝐂𝐊𝐄𝐓 𝐁𝐔𝐑𝐍𝐄𝐃 𝐀 𝐁𝐑𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 𝐓𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐄 when his fingers shifted only a few centimeters. he grimaces in distasteful pain, pulling out the still-burning cigarette and throwing it against the ground, stomping the embers, and burning paper out. he stares at the blisters and redness stinging at his nerves and groans.

"such a fucking inconvenience and for what? cause i moved a little bit." he brushed his other fingers on his index finger and winces. fuck, that shit hurts, he thought to himself.

"alina! fucking hell, you said you were ready. i'm gonna leave first."

he didn't bother hearing her response to that and slammed the door in irritation. he jumped at the loud sounds and tutted at himself. he's getting scared over something he did himself. he felt stupid.

it takes him a while to get into town because of all the trees and nature curling around his doe eyes, distracting him from getting to where he was going. the town was already filled with some elderly folk and children here and there, possibly because it was early in the morning, most of them opening up shop and getting ready for some fun because of the weekend.

marian liked how peaceful the town was. gloomy and peaceful was exactly what he wanted to escape to and alina found the perfect spot for it. he looked up at the sunshine beaming down on his face and sighed in repose.

"this is a perfect time for a cigarette," his addiction called. he reaches into his pocket and just as he was about to, something crashes into his chest. he grabs hold, out of reflex, and tuts out. it was probably a child getting too hyper in the early dawn but, in mild surprise, he sees a man about his age.

"sorry, i didn't see you," the other man hesitantly said after a few minutes. marian realized he was probably holding onto the little man too long so he lessened his grip and put his hands on his sides. when the man ran his skinny fingers through his chestnut hair, it was like an ocean's tides crashing against rigid rocks. it was damn near mesmerizing for marian.

"it's fine," he sternly stated, "just watch it next time."

the man nodded his head swiftly, a wave of castaneous hair swinging back and forth while he did so. "i'm sorry, i really am. but i have to go now. again, sorry!"

the man ran off, his bag briskly sliding against marian's fleece coat. what's in that bag? he wondered to himself.

he turned around to look at the running boy. his ears were an extreme lava red, causing marian's eyebrow to raise in wonderment.

"is it that cold?" he wondered aloud. it was the start of spring after all.

"marian! what the fuck, i said i was coming down the stairs." he turned around when he heard those iconic heels click towards him, a groan exhaling out of his mouth.

"you didn't respond in time. not my fault."

alina rolled her eyes. "whatever, come on, my parents are waiting to meet you."

alina's small, boney hands grabbed onto marian's sleeve, dragging him and forcing him to walk.

"do we have to do this, alina? your parents already approved of this arrangement."

she groaned and dragged him even harder. "oh my fucking god, just come on."