I'm Sorry for Loving you - Writer's note & Prologue

Writer's note

It became apparent to me quite early on in the series (The Music Freaks) that Drew wasn't only just this mean antagonist. His character quickly become a very interesting and complex one for me to delve into and so here I bring you 'I'm Sorry for Loving you'.
The story isn't one for the weak hearted and contains some quite disturbing content and themes, but for me at least, I wanted to give some background onto a character that may only be seen as what he is presented as, the antagonist.
I promise I will try and be kind to Drew in the future :))
For now, I hope you enjoy (and maybe cry-)
——

TW: graphic distress, self h*rm, blood mentioning, homophobia

Happiness didn't come across as easy for Drew anymore.

His heart had been withered and mangled.

His tears stained the sheets of his bed and he curled up into a small ball.
'Shit... shit-' Drew kept repeating to himself.

He remembered the times that his parents embarrassingly loved him and he laughed sarcastically at the fact that they no longer did.
...

'I'm bisexual.' Drew spoke, his eyes closed so he couldn't see his parents' reaction.

The silence was so loud.

Then his father started laughing hysterically.
'So you wanna fuck boys?'

Drew opened his eyes and met his father's angry expression.

His own face a terrified mess.

'I asked you a question.'

Drew hid his face, trying not to cry. He couldn't be seen as weak.

The silence met an abrupt end as his father walked up to him and grabbed him by the collar.
His eyes filled with fire and disgust.

'If you ever fucking come into this house with a boy, you're no longer my son. GOT IT?' His father shouted before throwing him onto the sofa and walking out of the room with his mother.
...

Shortly after coming out,

The pain filled Drew's heart with numbness.

His own blood slowly dripping from the new wounds.

'I'm so sorry...' Drew cried.

'I'm so fucking sorry...'

It hurt so badly, but felt so good.

It wasn't quite clear what was blood and what was tears at this point, but it didn't matter to Drew.

He just wanted to be free to love, but he wasn't.
Hesitantly, Drew dialled the number for Jake.

'Jake...' Drew cried into the phone. He bit the inside of the cheeks to prevent himself from screaming.

'Come round mine...' Jake spoke into the phone.

This was all too unsettlingly familiar.
...

Jake opened the door and ran toward Drew to embrace him into a hug.

Drew screamed into Jake's touch and walked inside with him.

'I'm so fucking sorry...' Drew cried as Jake tended to his wounds.

'Don't ever apologise to me. You know I'm always here.' Jake tried to smile.

Jake carefully bandaged Drew's wrists before holding his head up so he was looking directly at him.

'You don't get to fucking suffer in silence, alright?' Jake grinned.

Drew broke into tears again and wrapped his arms around the other boy.

'Thank you... thank you-'