Chapter Two

"Hey guys, Nick knows where his dad keeps his weed stash at his house. After school, we can go back to his house and smoke. His mom and dad will be gone to work after we get off school," Ryan said.

"That's a stupid idea. What if Nick's dad or mom comes home early and catches us?" Jake asked. "If that happens, we'll all be fucked."

"They won't. Both of them work long shifts throughout the day to the evening. You know my dad is a cop and my mom is a nurse," Nick said.

"How can you be sure though? You know that if they catch us then we'll all be screwed. If we're caught, they'll tell our parents," Kayla said.

"Relax. We got this. They won't catch us and we won't get caught," Nick said.

"I hope you're right. My dad is going to kick my ass if he finds out about this," Jake said.

"You should be more worried about what he'll do to you if you fail this test coming up from Mr. Richards," Brianna said.

"Yeah, well I'm not going to let that happen," Jake said.

Brianna reached into her right jean pocket and pulled out a vape. She turned it on before raising it to her lips and gently pressing down on a button before deeply inhaling into it. She exhaled, releasing smoke out of her mouth and nose.

"You know, those things are more dangerous than cigarettes, you know," Dylan said.

"Like I give a shit. It's keeping me from having to smoke cigarettes," Brianna said.

"Relax, I was just stating facts."

Rachael smelt the aroma of the vape's smoke as it blew hastily into the air. She covered her mouth, coughing loudly.

"Hey," a nearby voice said. "The smoke from this thing isn't that bad. You're overreacting."

Rachael turned away from her book and twisted her head around to see where the voice was coming from.

It was Brianna. Rachael immediately locked eyes with her. Brianna had light brown eyes, glossy pale skin, curved hips, long brown hair that flowed down her back, pink lips, perky breasts, a round butt, thin, and wore a white tank top with a red flannel and skinny jeans. Rachael was almost speechless at how beautiful Brianna was.

"What? You've never been around a vape before?" Brianna asked. "I heard you coughing so hard over there I thought you may have coughed up a lung or something."

"Huh? No, it isn't that. I've been around a vape before. My mom has one. She uses it sometimes to help her get off her addiction to smoking."

"You sure seem like you're pretty new to it with all that coughing you were doing."

"I promise you that I'm not new to it. The smoke just makes me cough a lot. Always has."

Brianna studied Rachael, looking up and down her. "I don't think we've seen you around Westbrook before. You must be new."

"Yeah, I am. I just moved with my mom and brother from Florida to California. I took a chance of moving to the back of the bus this time."

Brianna ran her fingers through Rachael's magma flowing red hair. "You've got balls to sit in the back with us. And your mom picked a good spot for you and your brother then if she chose the Los Angeles area."

"Yeah . . . it's different here than in Florida, I can already tell."

"Way different. Californians love our pot and our vapes."

"I can tell just from watching you guys. You're pretty ballsy to go smoking in a cop's house," Rachael said.

"Like I said, my mom and dad won't be home by the time we're off of school so we can get high and still get out of dodge before they notice anyway," Nick said.