prologue

"How are you feeling today?"

It had been a few months since everything had gone down. The last thing Sera expected to happen was for Spencer to cheat on her and then chose the girl he cheated on her with over her while they both had a gun pointed at their heads. Sera honestly thought Spencer was the person she was going to spend the rest of her life with but clearly the universe had something else planned for her.

"I have had better days but I'm getting here." Sera had taken some time off work to go and spend time with Emily in London. It had done her a lot of good spending time with Emily, the woman always knowing what to say to make her feel better but it time to finally go back home.

Emily smiled softly, "I'm glad you're feeling better. Do you have a plan for what's next?"

Sera nodded, "I've already got a new flat, Derek has already moved all my stuff in for me. Uncle Dave has been taking care of my car and Jack has been checking up on my mother and brothers. I'm grateful for them and I actually think I'm ready to get back to work." She was grateful for all the friends that she had, the ones that picked her up when she needed it the most. When everything happened, Derek had called up Emily to tell her what had happened and she had gotten on the first flight back to D.C to help her best friend.

"I'm going to miss you." Sera sighed in content.

Emily chuckled, "Bitch, you're not getting rid of me anytime soon. You're my best friend and I love you, I'm always going to be here for you. You have been through so much but you've come out of it so much stronger and I couldn't be more proud. Even if I'm half way across the world, I'm only a phone call away. You're not getting rid of me anytime soon." When the pair had first met, they had hit it off right away. Hell, Derek had gotten jealous that his best friend was being stolen but it wasn't long before they became a trio with Penelope questioning her life choices when the three were together.

"You have no idea how happy that makes me."

"Bitch, you know I got you."