The Vengeful Queen

When the people were captured and made into livestock, put in a cage for them to reproduce and die as fast as possible, large unbreakable spells were put on many things to continue this cycle.

First, a wall. A tall thin wall that looked easy enough to break through with enough man power. But it was not so. The metal was embroidered with magic, sewed in by the strongest of the Monsters sorcerers, many of them dying in the making of it. Magic was more like a parasite than anything else, feeding off its user. 

If one was to touch the wall, directly or indirectly death will always pursue. By Antlers. The rapid growth of the appendages will not stop until demise by pain and brain damage as the things get heavier and roots burrow themselves deeper within their head. If they aren't killed by that, they are the first to be targeted by the Caedes during a raid. No matter how well they hide, the monsters can smell them in the night.

On the other side of things are hares. They had the ears of well, a hare, or a bunny and they conducted necessary business with the Monsters to keep the humans, the food, alive enough. Somewhat well, just enough so they don't go extinct and leave the monsters without there favorite meat.

It was a shameful thing to be a hare, hated by the rest of their species. The masses saw it as betrayal and treachery but the hares just called it jealousy. Because they, and their families lived lavish full lives. That was their reward for their cooperation. 

If one was to attempt to harm a hare that would also lead to the growth of the dooming antlers. 

Now, the monsters have been defeated but the magic of the wall still remains. Though It has weakened greatly allowing People untouched by magic leave. However, those cursed and blessed with antlers and the ears are trapped. 

But, thought freedom is rare, its in no way impossible. 

..............

                                                                                                   Outside

                                                                                       The Kingdom Of Sallo 

The stolen castle was grand and beautiful, just as the monsters had been themselves. Hundreds of bedrooms, dozens of libraries, kitchens, ball rooms, study rooms, rooms, rooms, rooms all kept impeccably clean though many used rarely. They were clean before at least, now not so much.

As the demanding woman took it, she slaughtered maids and cooks and servants, drowsing the shiny marble floors in deep blood, only realizing her mistake when there was barely anyone to clean it up. The hate and the need for revenge ran hot within her, and although it was an unspoken law to kill any Monster on sight, she decided a better punishment was humiliation.

On a throne of gold, deep intricate patterns covering the seat of honor, the woman lounged, eating the freshest berrys she had ever laid her mouth on out of a large, burly monster's hand. She moaned as she rolled her eyes back in delight, black and white strands of hair falling into her face as she squirmed in her seat. The monster arms shook, deep bloody gashes within them, the ache of his bones making the task of holding the berries up to her so much more difficult. He shuttered, the collars around his neck and arms tightening as the woman fiddled with a remote that controlled them as she chewed loudly.

He didn't dare look at her, none of them did because nobody wanted her focus. Her focus was torture so the man's eyes were glued to the ground away from her as was everyone else's, his mind  elsewhere as she spit on the ground beside himself, just barely missing his leg.